Tofacitinib

Is it safe to take Xeljanz for rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and my doctor advised to take Xeljanz, as it has no side effects. Is it true? It is very expensive. I want to take a second opinion on the medicine. How safe is it to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a very good option for rheumatoid arthritis. However, every medicine has its side effects. It is recommended to start with the time-tested DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) like Methotrexate and sometimes, even combination of DMARDs. If they fail...  Read Full »