Q. My teeth are black. I dont want to lose any teeth. Please advise.

Dr. Subha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My teeth are black. It looks like it is in the starting stage of tooth decay. I do not want to lose any teeth. Please advise.

#

Black spots on the teeth are indicative of initial stages of teeth decay. But you need not worry since this stage is repairable. There are no chances of losing your teeth at this stage.

For healthier teeth and to prevent tooth decay try to follow these suggestions:

• Avoid sticky food items.
  • Avoid snacking between meals.
  • Rinse your mouth thoroughly soon after each meal.
  • Brush twice daily with toothbrush and toothpaste.
  • Get a dental checkup done once every six months.

If there is any food lodgement in the tooth associated with the color change, it should be treated as early as possible because decay might spread deeper leading to a toothache.

|