Dental Caries

What are the painless methods to treat a tooth with dental caries?

Query: I just had a root canal and it was a traumatizing experience. After an hour of trying to get me numb, my endodontist got very frustrated and said to me “there’s a maximum amount of Novocain you can give someone. I can’t give you any more. You’re manifesting this pain by being...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist

Answer: hello dear, please be calm. thanks for sending the pics. I totally agree with you that RCT is definitely a painless procedure and in case anaesthesia was not effective the endodontist would have postponed the case and given you medications. The techniques of anaesthesia range from intraligamentary...  Read Full »

Why is there a pimple-type bump seen on the lower gums on the left side?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a pimple type bump on the left side in my mouth on the lower gums for the last ten days. There is no pain in the pimple but it pains while eating at the teeth present in the back which are used for chewing. I take medicines for BP, brain, and cholesterol. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am very sorry for the discomfort. As a specialist, I am here to help you. Kindly upload an image of the painful tooth. I would like to see the (pimple area), whether it is a sinus tract. I suspect periapical abscess. Kindly Mention the n...  Read Full »

What can cause intrinsic yellow spots on some teeth?

Query: I had developed a kind of intrinsic yellow spot on one of my canines. Now after few years I have noticed the same appearing on some other teeth. And secondly, I can see plaque accumulated towards the inside of lower incisors. I am 23 years old and I have never been to a dentist before in my life. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist

Answer: hello dear, thank you very much for choosing me for your query. See the first spot appears to be some vitamin deficiency (CALCIUM or VITAMIN D) while 2 nd and third spits are extrinsic stains (TEA OR COFFEE). So I suggest you to have scaling done to remove both theses stains. However, the first one...  Read Full »

How to manage my broken molar tooth pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a broken molar causing a lot of pain and lethargy. I cannot afford a dentist and I fear about sepsis. It has broken over a year but now pains a lot and making me feel feverish.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Lethargy and elevated temperature are classical signs of infection from sepsis. As your lower left second molar is grossly carious leading to root stump, it is gettin...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my lower tooth only on pressing or after chewing?

Query: Hello doctor, After taking a meal, when I press my tooth with an upper tooth, I feel the pain. Normally, it does not cause pain but after eating it occurs. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image of the painful tooth. Once I see, I will let you know the cause and walk you through the management needed to resolve it. Let me know whether any hard food or accidental bite upon a rice stone that might lead to a facture through and through, ...  Read Full »

Is it wise to remove gum abscess with surgical scissors on my own?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small gum abscess on the rear side of my lower left molar about the size of a skin tag. I have had this issue for about three weeks, but it has been tolerable until today. When it has got exponentially more painful to eat, brush, and even move the area with my tongue, would i...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a bad idea to snip the abscess. If this abscess involves the gum edge along with tartar (hardened yellow food deposit), that could be gingivitis or gingival abscess. A scaling and polishing procedure should be done to remove the tartar after which the gin...  Read Full »

How to manage the decayed teeth of a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a decayed tooth from the age of two. After slipping down accidentally, one of his teeth broke in half. Day-by-day adjacent teeth are also getting decayed. However, when I consulted a local doctor, he said that these are milk teeth, and there is nothing to worry about. But, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is your dentist. I went through your query, and the attached image <attachment removed to protect patient identity>. I am very sorry for the kid's discomfort. Caries are present in the lower right deciduous first and second molars (milk tooth). Kindly let...  Read Full »

Is it wise to extract a decayed molar tooth in a 5-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my 4.5-year-old son. His lower first molar has decayed and developed an abscess. Our dentist recommended to get it pulled and root canal should not be done. I want to check if that is the right approach, and can a spacer be avoided if it pulled out eventually?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, such milk teeth can be saved by doing pulpectomy (similar to RCT) and then putting a metal crown over it to prevent further decay. Consult a pedodontist who does it. It is better to avoid removing the tooth at this age. If you decide to get it removed, the...  Read Full »

How to treat my tooth cavity without root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth cavity. Does it require root canal treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Shipra Chaudhary

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have pain in your tooth?  Read Full »

I have toothache while biting. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have horrible pain in my tooth and gum. If I bite down, pain shoots and my face is swollen a bit.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly uoload an inage of the tooth to me if possible. As a specialist, I am here to help you. Pain upon biting means the infection from the infected pulp has reached to the root apex and got collected locally. It is known as apical periodontitis. You need Root...  Read Full »