Q. My breasts are like woman and I have desire to cross-dress. Am I normal?

Dr. K V Anand
Published on Aug 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

My breasts are as developed as a woman. I dress in a nightie and often strangers address me by madam, which I enjoy. I do not have other feelings. Am I normal?

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I can understand you concern.

• You are definitely normal. But, you have a behavior disorder. Can call it with fantasy impulse disorder. You need psychotherapy treatment.
  • You are suppose to lessen your breast size by doing specific exercises. Make that area muscular and stiff.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Thanks doctor,

I am a married male. My breasts are developed from childhood. Occassionally when I go to some place, say in a hotel, I buy a nightie and stand outside, I get the occasional glance of a man. I get an immense desire to go out cross-dressed like that too. However, I am not a transvestite neither intend to be so. I have normal heterosexual behavior. I often masturbate after cross-dressing and such desire subside. I am secretly doing that for several years now.

Dr. K V Anand

#

I can understand your concern.

• Even though you say that you are not transvestite, you seem to be one. Transvestite is a person, typically a man, who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex.
  • Accepting the fact is the first step in the psychotherapy treatment procedure. Accept that you are a transvestite.
  • But there is nothing to worry about being transvestite. Because many people do have such a behavioral disorder.
  • Being human being, every person do have one or other behavior disorder. The problem is worrying about the behavior disorder one possesses and becoming anxious about it. Therefore, stop worrying that you are transvestite because that is not abnormal.
  • Once you accept the fact and stop worrying about the behavior disorder, you will also start accepting the normalcy of the thing. That is the normalcy you should learn to cultivate.
  • Write down positive statements about you, your positive behaviors, your skills and your positive attainments including your love towards your family. Whenever you have the temptation of cross-dressing, take the paper out and read it.
  • At the same time, try to divert your thoughts without worrying about the transvestism. Always say, I have a behavior disorder. So, what? Many people do have one. Everyone around the world have a behavior disorder. Therefore, I will not worry about my disorder. I accept it with grace.
  • This is true. This becomes a disorder in your mind only when you worry about it. And also nothing wrong in cross-dressing. Please follow the instructions I gave you and come back after a week.

Revert back after a week to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I feel somehow I love this habit to continue as I do it in private. Moreover, while cross-dressing, I feel nice to see myself as a female. It happened once in a hotel, that a hotel boy addressed me as madam. While being dressed like that, I sometimes feel that if any man would touch my breasts, I would be more happy. However, I restrain from that as that would invite complications. My elevated breasts gave him an allusion of me being female. My question to you is that will it cause any harm in continuing like that? I do not worry about it, as I have accepted and happy with this.

Dr. K V Anand

#

• There is no harm in continuing and having pleasure with your minor behavior disorder. Only thing you should take care is not to overdo it and never get anxious or worried about it.
  • But, I suggest a more stringent man life regime and occasional female behavior. Exercise hard to get your chest tightened and cultivate some man like behavior, etc. These will help you justifying your behavior problem.
  • Do not be shy to even showcase you as a woman in front of others. Many people do that. There are many artists out there enjoying female characters. You are also one such. Take care.