Behavior Disorder

How to help my girlfriend, who is showing behavioral changes?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has suddenly shown some behavioral changes. I know that she loves me a lot and I am with her past the 1 year and 2 months. However, some days back, she said that she has fallen for somebody in her office, who is married and has a kid. One fine day this guy from her office as...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all I would like to tell you that such type of sudden behavior change can be observed in depressive disorders or in personality issues. Another rare possibility is some relationship issue. She has fallen for a married man and this i...  Read Full »

Why does my mom's behavior change every minute?

Query: Hi doctor, Myself and my wife are stressed by my mom's behavior. She keeps changing every single minute and fights with us for small matters. Kindly help me to resolve this.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common situation, but the causes can be varied. First what I need to know is that whether this is a recent change or has been her nature since early years. Both would mean differing lines of management. Interpersonal relationships and communication are complex a...  Read Full »

What are the signs of communication problems in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, I have twins, a boy and a girl aged 2 years. I noticed that the girl advanced in skills than the boy. In the first few months of life, my son was faster than his sister in the growth and everything. And then, it was reversed. I am a graduate of psychology. I have a brother suffering f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Before making any opinions I need to inform you that take the things in objective manner and not on emotions I understand there is history of autism in the family and it does not mean your c...  Read Full »

Due to stress and betrayal, I tend to forget things often. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I forget things quite often and have anxiety problems that lead to a change in behavior. I have never experienced such problems and my head aches a lot and I am suffering from anxiety. Please help as my behavior is changed a lot which affects people living with me. I have not got any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ciliniq.com. You seem to have a mixed anxiety-depressive disorder, This is very common and about 10-15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easily treatable. You will need to visit a psychiatrist and he will prescribe you SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibit...  Read Full »

I lie a lot about stupid things. Should I consult a doctor?

Query: Hi doctor,My mom wants to take me to a doctor, because she thinks I need help. But, I told her I am fine and refused to go. I started to wonder whether I really do have a problem. She started telling me I needed help because I would just lie about something stupid instead of telling the truth. Also,...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Parents should be able to assess children's behavior changes and negatives much better than anyone else, because they observe keenly throughout the child's life. But, there could be some bias came out of comparing with others. Lying is definitely a behavioral problem whic...  Read Full »

Can Strattera affect kids' behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 6 years old and has been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and sensory integration disorder. He had Adderall XR 5 mg for a while and recently was changed to Strattera 27 mg. My son has been experiencing major insomnia, high aggressive behaviors which involved throwing objects at people, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest not to discontinue Strattera (Atomoxetine) abruptly without supervision. However, I do think that your son is having side effects due to Strattera (insomnia, high aggressive behavior). Please discuss it with his psychiatrist as soon as possible and disc...  Read Full »

How to deal with arguing behavior of a teenage boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 14 years old. He is a bright and loving person, but he argues a lot even for petty things like brushing his teeth, if he is asked not to read an 1100 page book in one stretch, or prepare for a test. He will argue to limits. He would lie, distort facts, cheat, would do anythi...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are describing your son's oppositional behavior in specific contexts when he is asked to do things against his will. Has your son always been like this arguing a lot or did he develop this behavior recently in the teenage years? Does he argue at school with h...  Read Full »

How to control aggressive behavior in a teen who attemped suicide as well?

Query: Hello doctor, A known 16-year-old son misbehaves with others, not staying at home, does not care about his family, passes the time with his bad company, behaving rudely to parents, and not studying properly. Parents have no control over him, and he does not care when they request him to focus on st...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per the description, the possibility of a conduct disorder or a borderline personality disorder should be considered here in your child. In view of suicidal threatening...  Read Full »

Why am I getting very angry even on little things?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him...  Read Full »

Why do I have female breasts and desire to cross-dress?

Query: Hi doctor, My breasts are as developed as a woman. I dress in a nightie and often strangers address me by madam, which I enjoy. I do not have other feelings. Am I normal?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you concern. You are definitely normal. But, you have a behavior disorder. Can call it with fantasy impulse disorder. You need psychotherapy treatment. You are suppose to lessen your breast size by doing specific exercises. Make that area muscular and s...  Read Full »