Behavior Disorder

Behavior disorder shows a pattern of disruptive behavior in children lasting for six months. It causes problems in school, home, and social situations. In untreated cases, it can affect a person's ability to maintain a relationship. Behavior disorders are classified into several types, such as anxiety disorder, disruptive behavioral disorder, dissociative disorder, emotional disorder, and pervasive developmental disorders.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the cause for having sudden mood changes and fear of losing people?

Query: Hi doctor, I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I do not think these are symptoms of multiple personalities. Your main symptoms are related to mood like low mood, feeling bad at times, and anxiousness. Fear of losing people is also related to depression. Your behavior to say so...  Read Full »

Why does my 7-year-old son keep pulling his shirt?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 7, pulls his shirt constantly. He keeps his face that he does not realize what he is doing. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This seems to be an attention seeking behavior by your child. It occurs in those families where both parents are working. If your child does not have any other symptoms like convulsions, altered sensorium and delayed milestones, then there is probably no brain involvem...  Read Full »

My friend has some issues with her classmates, due to which her grades have dropped, and she constantly cries. How can I help her?

Query: Hi doctor,My friend had some issues with the other student in the class, and she kept everything within her and cried every day. Her grades dropped, and she started behaving dumbly. Most of her classmates do not speak to her. She has changed a lot. Her parents keep pushing her in academics. They yel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. It may be because she might be suffering from adjustment disorder or stress-related disorder, or depression or even it may be secondary to medical conditions such as Thyroid dysfunction, endocrine disorders, etc. She needs to take help from...  Read Full »

My habit of smiling at serious moments cause trouble in my professional career. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad habit of smiling at serious moments. Unfortunately, this is hampering my professional career. It is a childhood problem, but I was not bothered about it. Now I have started my career as a teacher, and sometimes at the height of serious moments, I smile automatically without ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Does this happen impulsively? Are there any associated symptoms? Do you feel the urge to do it? If you could answer these questions, I can help you better. Thank you.  Read Full »

My 13-year-old son has an extreme fear of swear words and is scared of talking in school. How do I manage him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 13-year-old boy child with extreme fear of swear words and gets very uncomfortable hearing when other kids say them. He is also very scared of having the talk in school. I think he might have an emotional breakdown if this happens according to his teachers. Is there a name for e...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Children develop their views as per the teachings of parents, teachers, peers, and other environmental things. All these together with their genetic constitution develop their nature, personality, and belief system. It seems he is a very pious person with too much att...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is extremely sensitive to loud sounds. When he gets angry, he lashes out at everyone. He breaks things. When I tried to talk about this with him, he ignores to talk. He was well on his potty training and he was going to the bathroom every time without any accide...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Autism is a spectrum and it is not just one or two symptoms. After visiting a relative, he is not pooping in the toilet and so it can be the cause. Children do not say anything but they observe and learn. Rather than asking him, you can use different parenting technique...  Read Full »

How to reduce my anger issues and impulsive behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 and struggling with anger issues and impulsive behavior which I am unable to stop. I seriously think that I am quickly getting depressed and developing anxiety and repulsive behavior. I have had many past incidents which might have reflected upon my change in attitude change, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Surti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand the difficulties faced by you because of the impulsivity. Since you are only 18 years old, I would not consider any medications right now. However, I would advise you first to appreciate the bodily changes that come when you become angry like clenching...  Read Full »

My 10-year-old son is a master manipulator. Is he suffering from ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years old. Since one year, he has been urinating in his pants in school and often arguing with adults and sometimes with other kids. He has once threatened me that he would commit suicide. He tells people he is a "master manipulator" and that there is nothing wrong with hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. From your description, there are two things which come to my mind apart from the ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder). One is ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), and the other one is a conduct disorder. But, your description d...  Read Full »

Does passing stools in underwear without knowing a psychological issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old. His weight is 25 kg, and his height is 135 cm. He has had a problem with passing stool in his underwear for six to seven months now. He is doing this without knowing it. He suffered from the same kind of problem last year for three months, and it got cured. But...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I saw the attached files and your child's history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your child has encopresis (involuntary fecal soiling), and probably he might also be having constipation. The standard treatment is dietary modification. I believe you kn...  Read Full »

In borderline personality, is it possible to tell if one's actions are due to the disorder or not?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner has received a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. She has been suspended from work on an allegation of a serious breach of health and safety, which could lead to dismissal. We are trying to investigate whether her diagnosis could have impacted her actions. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. Yes, Borderline personality disorder can impact her behavior. Also, there can be micropsychotic episodes in a BPD person. If they are present, it can affect her behavior drastically. So, it depends on wh...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.