Behavior Disorder

How to deal with arguing behavior of a teenage boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 14 years old. He is a bright and loving person, but he argues a lot even for petty things like brushing his teeth, if he is asked not to read an 1100 page book in one stretch, or prepare for a test. He will argue to limits. He would lie, distort facts, cheat, would do anythi...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are describing your son's oppositional behavior in specific contexts when he is asked to do things against his will. Has your son always been like this arguing a lot or did he develop this behavior recently in the teenage years? Does he argue at school with h...  Read Full »

How to control aggressive behavior in a teen who attemped suicide as well?

Query: Hello doctor, A known 16-year-old son misbehaves with others, not staying at home, does not care about his family, passes the time with his bad company, behaving rudely to parents, and not studying properly. Parents have no control over him, and he does not care when they request him to focus on st...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per the description, the possibility of a conduct disorder or a borderline personality disorder should be considered here in your child. In view of suicidal threatening...  Read Full »

Why am I getting very angry even on little things?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him...  Read Full »

Why do I have female breasts and desire to cross-dress?

Query: Hi doctor, My breasts are as developed as a woman. I dress in a nightie and often strangers address me by madam, which I enjoy. I do not have other feelings. Am I normal?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you concern. You are definitely normal. But, you have a behavior disorder. Can call it with fantasy impulse disorder. You need psychotherapy treatment. You are suppose to lessen your breast size by doing specific exercises. Make that area muscular and s...  Read Full »

A 10-year-old girl behaves like a 16-year-old in the way of dressing and talking. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am asking about a 10-year-old girl. She is acting like she is much older than her age (in the wrong way). She is exhibiting behaviors of a 16-year-old, and it is very concerning. She is wearing heavy makeup, making lip-syncing videos using songs that have explicit language and talk ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears that the 10-year old girl in your family is modeling her behavior and trying to emulate some women around her. There may be a socio-cultural element that is driving this behavior, but the young girl's safety needs to be prioritized....  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Please suggest Ayurveda treatment for autism

Query: Hi doctor, My 3.5 years old mild autistic son is nonverbal. The doctor has given Risperidone (Sizodon) and some vitamin supplements for the last six months. My son is under speech therapy also. As all the allopathy medicine has side effects, is there any safe and assured ayurveda treatment for this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have mentioned about autism, autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder. People start noticing the symptoms in their children during 2 to 3 years of their age. It might be due to some genetic problem, environmental issue, some infectio...  Read Full »

My 10-year-old daughter obsess over spanking all day long. Does she have Asperger's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am afraid that my 10-year-old daughter might have Asperger's syndrome. She obsesses over spankings all day long. She watches videos of spankings all day long also, and she fantasizes of getting hit. She even spanks her brothers and sisters. I can tell it gives her some pleasure. She...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter is into the screen most of the time, and hence, it will be her primary advisor. She is just modeling what she sees and is quite common at this age. Try to minimize her interaction with the screen. She requires more human interaction. Put her in extracur...  Read Full »

How to overcome the situation which makes me angry and impulsive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 and struggling with anger issues and impulsive behavior which I am unable to stop. I seriously think that I am quickly getting depressed and developing anxiety and repulsive behavior. I have had many past incidents which might have reflected upon my change in attitude change, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Surti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the difficulties faced by you because of the impulsivity. Since you are only 18 years old, I would not consider any medications right now. However, I would advise you first to appreciate the bodily changes that come when you become angry like clenching...  Read Full »

Why do I get sudden jerks when I am about to sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 31 years old, male. My problem is when I am about to go to sleep then there is a sudden jerk. I asked my wife. I do not jerk while sleeping or in middle of sleep. It happens just when I am about to fall asleep. Suddenly a quick jerk. It happens for a couple of times then finally I ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are suffering from hypnic jerks only. This is not a disease. It is a behavioral issue. I have successfully treated my patients with hypnic jerk by following measures. To reduce caffeine intake and particularly in evening. To stop alcohol and smoking completely,...  Read Full »