Behavior Disorder

Why does my 7-year-old son keep pulling his shirt?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 7, pulls his shirt constantly. He keeps his face that he does not realize what he is doing. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be an attention seeking behavior by your child. It occurs in those families where both parents are working. If your child does not have any other symptoms like convulsions, altered sensorium and delayed milestones, then there is probably no brain involvem...  Read Full »

Why am I getting very angry even on little things?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for behavioral problems?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister, who is 21, never obeys my mom and dad. Neither, she will do any work if not pointed at. My parents are frustrated and always scream and shout at her. Even then, she does not do any work. I do not live with my parents, but whenever I visit them it is always like an invasion of m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although your sister is too old and mature now, there are certain things your parents can try with her. These tips work well in modifying behavior of children, how I wish she was younger. Whenever she does something, she should be praised beyond what is needed. Although, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest Ayurveda treatment for autism

Query: Hi doctor, My 3.5 years old mild autistic son is nonverbal. The doctor has given Risperidone (Sizodon) and some vitamin supplements for the last six months. My son is under speech therapy also. As all the allopathy medicine has side effects, is there any safe and assured ayurveda treatment for this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have mentioned about autism, autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder. People start noticing the symptoms in their children during 2 to 3 years of their age. It might be due to some genetic problem, environmental issue, some infectio...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Why do I have female breasts and desire to cross-dress?

Query: Hi doctor, My breasts are as developed as a woman. I dress in a nightie and often strangers address me by madam, which I enjoy. I do not have other feelings. Am I normal?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you concern. You are definitely normal. But, you have a behavior disorder. Can call it with fantasy impulse disorder. You need psychotherapy treatment. You are suppose to lessen your breast size by doing specific exercises. Make that area muscular and s...  Read Full »

I find it difficult to concentrate and get sleepy, when I start studying. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student who is currently preparing for a competitive exam, and I am feeling very low and have a lot of negative thoughts. I have a very good family, who have fulfilled all my wishes. When it comes to my studies, even my parents never forced me to study more than my capacity. All ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I feel there is anhedonia (loss of pleasure in almost all activities) and pessimistic attitude despite having high ambitions. The conflict in the thought process and behavior is causing more problems than any...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: My son is 5 yrs old a male 45 lbs and 3foot 4 inches he is extremely sensitive to loud sound when he is angry he lashes out at who ever he is angry with troughs and brakes things. When you try to talk about or work things out with him he ignores you like your not even there. Also he wa as well on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Autism is a spectrum and not just one or two symptoms. As you have mentioned that after a visit to a relative he started not going to poop in toilet so it can be the cause. Children don't say anything but observes and learn. So may be rather than asking why you may use different parenting techniques...  Read Full »

How to deal my expectation with my partner on social media posts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am really addicted to a person I love and it bothers me a lot when he does not talk. Obviously I understand he needs his own space and he is taking care of his mental health too but I am addicted in wrong way to him like not liking or commenting on my social media posts. Social medi...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should ask him about his somewhat odd behavior towards you. You should tell him about your expectations of him. But you should also stop living in the virtual life of social media and giving importance of likes-dislike on photos. It is more important to sit toget...  Read Full »

Why is my brother doing crazy things lately?

Query: I have a brother And he's been doing crazy things lately. I'm the only one in my family that seems to care. There's really no one else that cares about him and I really need some help on identify what the problem can be. My brother believes he's the one that created heaven and earth. He believes he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. I can understand that you are worried about your brother. From your description , it looks like your brother is having delusional beliefs and related unusual odd behaviour. This can be suggestive of psychosis. Conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar mood disorder can cause ...  Read Full »