Trazodone

What causes akinetopsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing inconspicuous akinetopsia, which can be caused by Nefazodone, Risperdal and Trazodone. I take Abilify 10 mg, Trileptal 600 mg twice a day, Luvox 150 mg twice a day and Trazodone 50 g as needed for sleep. Could any of the other medicines can cause akinetopsia? The akine...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Inconspicuous akinetopsia (motion blindness) may be caused due to defects in visual cortex or may be caused by certain antidepressants like Nefazodone and its older sibling Trazodone and hallucinogens like LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide). It is very unlikely to be cause...  Read Full »

Is insomnia a permanent side effect of Prednisone?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been taking Trazodone 400 mg and Luvox for depression. My doctor prescribed Prednisone 10 mg two tablets daily for 10 days for a cough. However, since taking Prednisone, my insomnia had worsened dramatically. I stopped taking Prednisone after 10 days, but my insomnia had not imp...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a well-known fact that Prednisone causes insomnia, but it is not permanent. It may take a few days to return to a normal sleep pattern as the sleep cycle is disturbed. Try to follow good sleep hygiene. If still unable to sleep after a few days then sleep promot...  Read Full »

Can I take Trazodone and Viagra together for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from psychogenic erectile dysfunction, and I take Fluoxetine for depression from the past 11 years. Recently, I took Trazodone for this problem, but I had to wean myself off Fluoxetine completely. I took Trazodone for two weeks, and I started getting full erections, but my dep...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. Based on your history, your erectile dysfunction is due to side effects of Fluoxetine. Erection problem can be psychological or organic (problem with blood supply of the penis) or drug-induced. Cialis (Tadalafil) will help if you have ...  Read Full »

Does Prozac insomnia go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a medical graduate having trouble in sleeping. My psychiatrist told it is a panic disorder. First she gave me Escitalopram 10 mg for which I got akathisia, severe irritability and sleeplessness got aggravated. She later changed it to Fludac 20 mg in the morning at 8 AM. I did not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoxetine is known to cause significant insomnia in many patients as it is an activating drug. Even if it is taken early morning, it can still cause insomnia, particularly in the initial few days or weeks. My advice would be if you are doing well on Fluoxetine, apart ...  Read Full »

Can Trazodone cause serotonin syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I weaned off of 40 mg of Paroxetine very slowly but my sleep was impacted and as of two months, I have been suffering from extreme insomnia. I have gone back to medication and I am currently on 20 mg of Paroxetine and 10 mg of Fluoxetine, but my insomnia has continued. I was prescribe...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Serotonin syndrome is an acute emergency case, rarely seen in common practice. At least not when you have already been taking 40 mg of Paroxetine for years. Also, Trazodone is a safer and better sleep-inducing agent when it comes to being used for sleep. As per my ...  Read Full »

My OCT shows nerve fiber and ganglion cell thinning. Do I have angle-closure glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I concern that I have angle-closure glaucoma. I took a strong sleeping pill called Trazodone one night and woke up with a decreased vision in the right eye. My left eye became bad three weeks later. It has now been three months with no improvement. Fundus and other clinical examinations...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports with patience. OCT (optical coherence tomography) of optic nerve head is normal. Your vision, color vision, visual field, and intraocular pressure are normal. I do not think you have any glaucoma. Please feel free to ask your queries.   Read Full »

Is sleep disturbance a side effect of Fluoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sad, and I am surrounded by negative thoughts and anxiety. I have taken Fluoxetine (Fludac 20) for 6 weeks. Now I am fine, but I wake up early in the morning around 3.30 AM. Hence having disturbed sleep in the morning. My doctor changed medicine to Flunil 40. I think this dose ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoxetine is known to cause significant insomnia in many patients as it is an activating drug. Being an selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) Fluoxetine causes sexual dysfunction. Both these side effects can be treated by taking tablet Trazodone (brand name...  Read Full »

I am on Effexor and Trazodone for depression and anxiety. Is Ashwagandha safe for me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on Effexor 187 mg and Trazodone 50 mg at night for depression and anxiety. My depression and anxiety have been worse, and I did not want to keep going up on with more medicines. So I tried Ashwagandha 600 mg in the morning and have seen a great deal of help in my mood and anxiety...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Effexor (Venlafaxine) and Trazodone are good drugs for depression and anxiety but will have some side effects. You may take Ashwagandha 600 mg (morning and night), Centella Asiatica (morning and night) as a supportive therapy. There must be one hour gap between modern ...  Read Full »

I am on Adderall for ADD and I am unable to sleep. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADD and taking Adderall 20 mg twice daily. Usually, my sleep is good and rarely I may feel difficult to sleep. Also, I only take prescription when I am supposed to. But, for the past one week, I am unable to sleep. I took my sleeping pills and still just could not sleep. As till ea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to know how long have you been taking that dose of Adderall (combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine)? It is relatively high dose. Usually, with greater than 20 mg it has less effect on ADD (attention deficit disorder) and you gain m...  Read Full »

Please recommend a treatment to get rid of severe acne.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last seven years, I have very hard round white balls type lesions on my skin. They spread and the area will not heal until the ball is extracted. It has ruined my face. I used to get regular acne whole of my life till about seven years ago. There used to be some cystic acne, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a nodulocystic type of acne. Kindly provide more details of your treatment taken previously, especially of Accutane (Isotretinoin) and the duration. Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/...  Read Full »