Q. What could be the reason for my hand tremor?

I am a female of 25 years old. Since last month, I am noticing slight hand tremors when I am inactive and when I am performing an important task like meeting an important person. Also, I am a smoker.

#

Heavy smoking can lead to tremors in hands and so can tea and coffee if consumed heaviely.

Slight tremors, particularly in the hands and fingers, is a normal phenomenon called physiologic tremor. It can get aggravated by stress or anxiety. You should cut down on smoking.

If tremors do not disappear after cessation of smoking consult a physician and undergo some laboratory tests like estimation of thyroid hormone levels and blood glucose levels that can also cause tremors if found deranged.

|