Q. What is MTB? Can it cause infertility?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

It has been 5 years since I got married, but my wife is not getting pregnant. For past 3 years she is having irregular periods. Currently, she is having AKT tablets. Doctor report is normal. Her HSG and laparoscopy are normal. In MTC test, MTB got detected. What is MTB? I am attaching all the reports for your reference. Please guide.

#

MTB (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) detection indicates that your wife has tuberculosis bacteria detected.

The attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent is a prescription and not the original reports. So, it is difficult to say for sure.

Also TB (tuberculosis) is of many types like lung, fallopian tubes, etc. As such TB itself can cause infertility. But, TB of fallopian tubes is the worst kind for infertility.

Also I can see that your wife has irregular periods, which indicates a hormonal imbalance. That too can be a cause of infertility.

Infertility is a very complex problem and needs detailed examination and evaluation. I would be able to guide you better if you send me all her reports.

All the best.

Revert back with the complete reports to an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|