Q. Can varicocele cause infertility?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am a 23 year old male. I was diagnosed to have grade 1 varicocele. I attached USG report. Can varicocele cause infertility? From the report, kindly let me know my testicle size. Is my testicle size normal? Recently, I have been putting weight, especially my lower body increases more than my upper body. Fat sticks to thighs and buttocks, which are embarrassing to me. I have undergone total testosterone. Is my report normal? I gave sample at 12 PM. Even at that time total T value should lie in between average, but my T value falls to a lower value. Why? Is that due to small testicle? My penis size is 5 inches and girth is 4.5 inches on erection. Is this normal? Will the size of testicle reduce with age? Please clarify my doubts.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• You have insignificant varicocele and that will not affect fertility. Your testicle size is normal.
  • Testosterone level is low normal. Penis size of more than 3.5 inches is normal.
  • For fat in the lower body and for low testosterone you need to do the following blood tests. Serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone) and estradiol.
  • Testes size may change over the years, but your size is normal.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

When should I give the blood sample for the mentioned tests? Is it in the morning before 7 AM?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• You can give blood sample at 7 to 9 AM or 2 to 4 PM.
  • LH (luteinizing hormone) should be tested with serum, three samples taken at intervals of 30 minutes and mixed together. There is no need for empty stomach.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|