Tumor Recurrence

Kindly interpret my relative's MRI and guide us.

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my relative. My relative had a seizure attack and fits before a year. We consulted a doctor and started medicine. During the course, the patient reported some slight pain in his head. A week later he started complaining of severe headache with vomiting. So, a CT scan ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The functional MRI and tractography reports are enclosed (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it reads that it is a known case of tumor. However, the tumor in the right parietal lobe, which is the non-dominant part of the brain, can be treated with surgery...  Read Full »

What are the risks of stopping radiotherapy halfway?

Query: Hi Doctor, Good Evening. I had tumor in uterus, was admitted in hospital last month and successfully Uterus, Fallopian tube, Lymph nodes all were removed. Biopsy report came after a week. It says Tumor involving more than 50% of thickness of the myometrium., Lymphovascular space invasion present, FI...  Read Full »

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Dear, I am sorry for your predicament. it is indeed difficult time due to pandemic. ideally there should not be any gaps in treatment, since gap result in increased chances of disease recurrence. I would advise to continue treatment, however considering the pandemic, the decision to continue radiat...  Read Full »

After a brain tumor removal, I still have some persistent symptoms. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a hemangioblastoma tumor removed from the back right cerebellum last year. The operation was successful and the tumor was 100 % removed. Before my surgery, I felt some twitching, night sweats, and headaches. I no longer have headaches, but I am having some night sweats and my twi...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms may not be related to the lesion in your brain. Have you got your blood sugars checked? Have you been eating well? Consult a physician to get liver renal functions done. For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a...  Read Full »

Can meningioma be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with a 5 x 5 x 3 mm meningioma in the superior frontal gyrus towards the cranial vertex. I would like to know if this will kill me or shorten my life. I also want information about anything regarding this, for example, recurrence, regrowth, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry about meningioma. It is a benign and slow growing tumor. The present size is also very small. You only need to follow it up with serial scans every year. If it increases in size or causes symptoms, then only treatment is required for that. Thank you. Fo...  Read Full »

What is the prognosis of recurrent squamous cell carcinoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has been a patient of recurrent local squamous cell carcinoma. In the last one and half years, he has been operated for cystoprostatectomy and urethrectomy with an ileal conduit for urine bypass followed by lymphonodectomy. After all these surgeries, he had a recurrence seven mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the information and the biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please understand that this pathological report is incomplete, so it is difficult to advise you the further course of therapy. In fact, further therapy will depend on ...  Read Full »

Can paleo diet help in non-recurrence of oligodendroglioma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 47 years old male. I was diagnosed with oligodendroglioma grade 2 brain tumor in the right posterior parietal region ten years back. I underwent neurosurgery, followed by radiation therapy. MRI taken after treatment showed no tumor left. But during follow up MRI’s, two years ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paleo diet will definitely reduce your weight. About the recurrence of the tumor, it will reduce the recurrence of the tumor by 30 percent. What this means is assume that the chance of recurrence of a particular tumor is 80 percent. That means out of 100 people, 8...  Read Full »

My 72 year old mother has been advised surgery, but she is reluctant. Kindly opine.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother had a spine tumor removed one and a half years ago. Now, she still has back and leg pain. Her doctor has advised surgery, but she is 72 years old with diabetes and blood pressure. Also, she is reluctant to undergo a surgery. I need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description and the attached latest MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no evidence of a spinal tumor and the patient can be managed conservatively without a surgical ...  Read Full »