Uterine Cancer

Does positive ANA test in fallopian tube cancer indicate a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother was diagnosed with a fallopian tube carcinoma five years ago and is in remission since treatment ended. Since that time, her doctor has routinely followed very comprehensive labs to check for overall wellness. One of those lab tests has always been her ANA (antinuclear antib...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This test has been repeated several times with variable results. It does not seem to hold much significance in your mother's case, as she never had symptoms related to any disease associated with ANA. ANA is not a screening test. It should be done only if there is sus...  Read Full »

Kindly advise on chemotherapy treatment for my aunt with uterine cancer.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt has vaginal cancer. She is on chemotherapy for a couple of months. Her first blood test report after the removal surgery says that she is in stage 4. Can you tell me what the indication in her last blood test report is? Also, explain her health condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the blood tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her blood test results are not too bad, except for anemia (low hemoglobin levels). Your aunt needs to take iron tablets (1 tablet once daily). The other report shows your aunt ha...  Read Full »

Will diabetic and hypertensive drugs result in resuming bleeding long years post menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70-year-old woman with 15-year history of high blood pressure and one year of diabetics and taking medicine for both regularly. Now two months back, I was surprised to have my periods after a gap of 28 years. Again after two and half months today, I have again periods. I am very ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The postmenopausal spotting or bleeding should be evaluated cautiously because it can be one of the signs of underlying uterine cancer. But let me tell you that the most common cause for this kind of bleeding in post-menopausal women is the age-related thinning of t...  Read Full »

I have been bleeding heavily for the past two days. Do I have PCOS or uterine cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been bleeding heavily for the past two days. I had large blood clots, and I soak through a sanitary pad every one to two hours. My last normal period was before five months. After that, I did not get a period for the next two months. I got a period on the third month but it onl...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I doubt that you have PCOS which is the most common cause of irregular cycle in young age like you. Secondly, it is not necessary that hormonal levels become abnormal always to make a diagnosis of PCOS. It could be a clinical diagnosis as well as based on the presenc...  Read Full »

What is the abnormal mass grown on my vaginal wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have something growing down on my vaginal wall for the past few years. It looks like a tumor. I am attaching my scan reports. It has become double the size within a week. I have pain after sex. I have developed bloating after I eat. I feel hungry, but I am unable to eat a lot. I have t...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your CT scan shows diffuse infiltrative cervical mass which is extending to involve the anterior wall of the rectum. It is causing resultant stenosis of the cervical canal leading to a ...  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With this report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely. Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon. Doctors will do o...  Read Full »