Q. Is there any Ayurvedic medicine to cure heavy bleeding and urinary frequency due to fibroids?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am 46 years old. I am suffering from heavy bleeding and very frequent urination issues for the last seven months. My sister-in-law, who is a gynecologist asked me to take a scan. My scan report revealed that I have uterine fibroids. She prescribed Trapic 650 tablet for excessive bleeding. I have been taking this tablet during my periods for the last seven months. She suggested going for hysterectomy as there is no other effective cure in allopathy. But I am not interested in undergoing surgery.

While searching for an alternative, I stumbled upon a study conducted by an ayurvedic doctor, which claims that uterine fibroids got cured or reduced in size by taking certain ayurvedic medicines. I got excited and contacted the doctor through email and she prescribed certain medicines (the details are at the end of this mail). I took those medicines religiously. The doctor also told me to take two more scans in the subsequent months. I am attaching all the three scan reports, but there was no improvement in my heavy bleeding condition and urination issue. In the meantime, the doctor got transferred to another ayurvedic hospital and now I am unable to reach her.

Right now, I am not under any medical treatment except taking Trapic 650 tablet during the periods to arrest the excess bleeding. After seeing your advice to a woman patient with a similar condition, my hope has got rekindled. I would like to ask you the following questions: Are uterine fibroids completely curable under Siddha? I will be consulting only you as I do not want to mix different streams of medicines. I would appreciate it if, after seeing my reports, you could let me know how long it would take to get relief from excessive bleeding and to get completely cured of fibroids? Apart from this chat, is it also possible to talk to you over the phone?

Details of Ayurvedic medicines taken: Amycordial Syrup 5 ml for two months, Varanadi Kashaya 5 ml one and a half months, Shigru Guggulu for two months, Kanchanara Gugulu tablet for 20 days, Nityananda Rasa tablet for 20 days, Hingvashtaka churna one teaspoon for 20 days, Haridra Khand two teaspoons for 15 days.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

I have treated many fibroid uterus cases. Most of them became asymptomatic with a reduction in the size of the fibroid, and surgery idea was withdrawn. Smaller the size faster and complete disappearance of the fibroids. Medium to large sizes have reduced in size, but they would become asymptomatic within one month period. They need six months of therapy. In your case, it is the medium size one.

Please take the following medicines: Capsule Rasaganthi mezhugu one in the morning one and one at night with buttermilk after food, tablet Chitthira moola kuligai one in the morning and one at night after food, Van kumari legium (buy 200 gm) take 5 gm (one spoon) in the morning and evening before food. These drugs are available in South Indian states. M2 tone tablet two in the morning and two at night after food.

Apart from these drugs, a few home remedies to be done:

1) Vaazhai poo (banana flower) to be fried or any other dishes daily two times.

2) Uthiya mara pattai and naval mara pattai buy these barks one kg. Take 25 grams of each, then add eight tumblers of water. Boil it to reduce to four tumblers. This is the kashayam. Then drink one tumbler kashayam in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night in an empty stomach. If not possible in afternoon (due to office work), then take that dose in evening.

Please buy these drugs and herbals and try them for one month. If you do not feel any improvement, then continue it for the next three months. You may require three to six months of treatment. If you do not find any improvement in one month, then I advise surgery.

|