Q. Can varicocele be treated or controlled by yoga?

Dr. Shakti Mishra
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 25, 2019

I have the right varicocele, which is 4 mm in size due to which I have very mild pain in the right testis. Do you think this can be treated by yoga in any way or if yoga can help in controlling this?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga
#

First of all, you need to undergo examination and need to take medicine for the immediate arrest of the problem. You can try yoga asanas like suryanamaskar, bridge pose, straight leg raising, dhanurasana in a slow manner. Deep breathing exercises and pranayam can help.

What kind of examination are you suggesting? Is there any medication which can help in controlling this? I only know of pain killers. Could you please advise what should I do further to prevent this from getting worse.

Dr. Shakti Mishra

#

You can consult any urologist or medicine specialist who will conduct the necessary evaluation. Lifestyle management like avoid smoking, drinking water at least four to five liters per day. Have a healthy diet, walking regularly.

Meditation: Importance, Benefits and How to Begin

Article Overview: This article weighs the importance of meditation (Dhyan) in normal bodily function and reveals the positive impact it has on our day-to-day life. Read Article

What Is Meditation? Meditation is a state of the mind where you just have to learn to be relaxed and sit still. Often, people think meditation is about concentrating on a particular object or thought. But it is not so. Meditation is an activity where you try to slow down the frequency of thoughts a...  Read Article

Should I undergo varicocelectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have no BP, diabetes or thyroid problems. Last month, I was diagnosed with grade 1 varicocele. I consulted my home town doctor for treatments, and he prescribed few medicines. However, he did not say anything to my queries. Is my testicles size normal? I am...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Varicocele is usually a clinical diagnosis. On sonography, testicular vein diameter should be more than 3 mm and reflux should occur on Valsalva. So in your case, it can be called a mild varicocele. The left groin pain may be due to varicocele. The average testis volume ...  Read Full

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now