Vasoconstrictor

Why is my father having a high fever and cold hands and feet after a long flight?

Query: Hello doctor.  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know your health query. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

I need help for my rebound nasal congestion.

Query: Hi doctor, I am here to get help for rebound nasal congestion. Two years ago, I started using Oxymetazoline nasal spray for mild allergy. I continued using it because I thought my allergy is persistent. Recently, I realized that my problem is not an allergy but addiction to nasal spray. My symptom...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You suffer from a condition called as rhinitis medicamentosa. As you have rightly understood, it is due to the prolonged uninhibited use of nasal decongestants. Repeated use of the same causes decongestion temporarily followed by rebound congestion inside the nose. ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the condition of the patient on seeing the investigations attached.

Query: Hi doctor, The patient was admitted due to eight episodes of hematemesis, weight loss and loss of appetite since last six months. It was accompanied by bone pain, abdominal pain, abdominal distension, jaundice, vomiting, altered bowel habit, fever, shortness of breath, decrease urine output or al...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had undergone the patient's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, the patient has a tear in esophageal mucosa because of which bleeding occurred. To prevent bleeding, I suggest vasoconstrictor agent, adrenaline injection in the mucos...  Read Full »

I did cocaine two days ago. When can I safely start trying for a baby?

Query: Hello doctor,I took a small amount of cocaine two days ago. I do not take it regularly and the last time I used it was two and a half months ago. My fiancée and I are about to start trying for a baby. I thought that the cocaine would be out of my system in a week, but after research, it looks like ...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Cocaine is more damaging for the baby if the mother takes it. It is a very good vasoconstrictor, meaning, it will reduce the blood flow to the growing baby and the baby can have a growth restriction. So, it is important that mothers-to-be and pregnan...  Read Full »