Vasovagal Phenomena

Why did I have profuse perspiration with nausea and mild trembling legs?

Query: Hello doctor, An episode of profuse perspiration with nausea and mild trembling legs occurred in the morning today. ECG conducted within an hour is normal. Cholesterol level is also normal. Please advice further course of action required. The other tests performed were lipid profile, KFT, LFT, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic? If yes, then these symptoms can be explained by low blood sugar. Otherwise, it seems to resemble a panic attack anxiety. For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »

I have palpitations and dizziness. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Over a month ago, I had an episode where my heart started racing out. I got lightheaded and dizzy. I thought it as a heart attack. However, I went to my doctor and he listened to my heart beat, checked my pulse and my blood pressure. He said that everything was fine and I just had a panic...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various reasons for having palpitations followed by dizziness. The most important one being an abnormal heart rate or rhythm which starts suddenly and terminates abruptly. This could be detected by different monitors that you can carry with you and these d...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for sudden palpitation and dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. At work, I had an episode of my heart started racing out of the blue. I could feel it pounding in my chest, and it made it feel like I was choking. I got very dizzy and thought I might faint, and started sweating. It only lasted about five minutes. I have issues wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various reasons for having palpitations along with dizziness. The most important one is an abnormal heart rate or rhythm which starts suddenly and terminates abruptly. This could be detected by different monitors that you can carry with you, these devices c...  Read Full »

Why did my heart rate drop to 32 after a knee replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I was in the recovery room after undergoing total knee replacement (TKR), and my heart rate dropped to 38. I felt weak and tired, so the nurse added something to my IV, and I felt fine, and all vitals returned to normal. They took me to my room, and I ate and was resting. My heart rate d...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your explanations in detail. The closest possibility to the cause of your problem is most likely due to the effect of anesthesia. I have seen a few cases similar to this where post-operation there is a severe case of bradycardia without any evidenc...  Read Full »

I had two falls followed by dizziness and heavy sweating. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old female with regular periods. I am 5'4" and weighs approximately 165 pounds. I have fainted this morning and almost exactly a month ago. The first time was in the middle of the night. When I woke up to use the bathroom, and while I was in the toilet, I broke out in a cla...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a cardiac issue. It is most probably occurring due to fall in blood pressure and which is mostly due to either a vagal reflex or low heart rate. These can be vasovagal syncope. During urination, one can get syncope because especially if one is straining dur...  Read Full »