Q. Why did I have profuse perspiration with nausea and mild trembling legs?

Dr. Vivek Pillai
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

An episode of profuse perspiration with nausea and mild trembling legs occurred in the morning today. ECG conducted within an hour is normal. Cholesterol level is also normal. Please advice further course of action required. The other tests performed were lipid profile, KFT, LFT, and Iron profile.

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

Are you a diabetic? If yes, then these symptoms can be explained by low blood sugar. Otherwise, it seems to resemble a panic attack anxiety.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

No, I am not diabetic. The latest fasting blood sugar report has also been attached.

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

How are you now? If it is an on-off episode, it could be due to a vasovagal response or panic attack. Other tests required are thyroid function tests and echocardiogram. Echocardiogram to rule out any cardiac dysfunction.

| 

I feel weak from that day. The doctor prescribed tablet Prolomet XL 25. My BP at the time of ECG (one hour after the episode) was 50/100 mmHg. Otherwise, remains mostly normal or below. I do not have a history of high BP. Today I felt heaviness in the chest and slow pulse. Should I continue with the medicine or not? My Hb is 9 gm/dl. The doctor has advised blood tests PBF with reticulocyte, calcium, LDH, Iron profile, ferritin, and serum protein electrophoresis.

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

If your pulse is slow please do not take Prolomet XL (Metoprolol) especially if the pulse is below 60 per minute. Also, thank you for informing your Hb (hemoglobin), 9 mg/dl is quite low. I think we have the cause for your weakness as anemia. You can proceed as per your doctor's advice.

|