Q. Kindly share your opinion about my ventricular ectopic beats and VT.

Dr. Rishu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Recently, I had a Holter monitor, which showed 7000 ventricle ectopic beats and a few short runs of VT, only four beats or less than that. My doctor has referred me to a cardiologist. When I asked if it is dangerous, she said no and said that I could exercise. Is that true? I am extremely worried.

#

• Ventricular ectopics are abnormal beats, which have their origin in the ventricle chamber of the heart. A few ventricular ectopics are a common finding, but 7000 ventricular ectopics cannot be neglected.
  • Ventricular tachycardia and ectopics can never be neglected as VT can give rise to ventricular fibrillation, which can be life-threatening and is an emergency.
  • I suggest you Metoprolol 25 mg twice daily. I do not agree with your doctor's suggestion. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her.
  • Are you a smoker or alcoholic? What is your anxiety level? Why was Holter done? Kindly send the photos of Holter.
  • Do you feel palpitations? Are you sedentary? Do you have a family history of cardiac ailment?
  • Do not neglect your findings as it can be dangerous. My advice is to get treadmill test and 2D echocardiogram.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|