Q. My symptoms include dry cough, headache, body pain and nausea. Please help me.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P
Published on Mar 27, 2017

The problem started out with a dry cough. The next day, I had achy bones and headache. It seemed like it was going away and came back the day after when I woke up feeling like throwing up. My eyes, chest and upper back aches with a feeling of nausea. Please help me. I am scared.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns.

The symptoms you have described suggest that you have a viral fever along with inflammation of throat (pharyngitis). There is no need to worry as it can be cured completely with treatment.

Please consult a physician, discuss with him or her and get the following things done with consent.

1. A short course of antibiotics for five to seven days, preferably Amoxicillin.
  2. You can take Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for fever and pain.
  3. Antihistamines like Levocetirizine can be used for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist despite, then blood investigations and throat swab may be needed.

Do warm saline gargling or gargling with a numbing mouthwash. Use expectorant cough syrups. Drink plenty of water and have a healthy diet.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

How to Get Rid of Throat Infection?

Article Overview: Are you wondering how to get rid of your throat infection? Read the article to find out the possible causes and treatment options for a sore throat. Read Article

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Throat infection is referred as pharyngitis. It is characterized by irritation, pain, burning sensation, scratching feeling in the throat. It initiates with difficulties during swallowing. The most common cause for this is viral or bacterial infection. Sometimes this bacterium is self controlled. T...  Read Article

Will Silver nitrate cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?  Read Full >>

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mou...  Read Full

What to do if strep test is positive, but my symptoms are like viral?

Query: Hi doctor, During my travel I had a sore throat, 102 degree fever and back aches. I did not have a stuffy nose or congestion. I previously had bladder infection three weeks ago and the doctor whom I visited in that place prescribed me Levofloxacin. I think he was treating me for a kidney infection, ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strep pharyngitis is usually graded by modified center criteria. I do not have all the elements to plug in the numbers. Classically, you should have fever, exudates on the tonsils and posterior pharynx, cervical lymph node enlargement and absence of cough. Your posi...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now