Q. My symptoms include dry cough, headache, body pain and nausea. Please help me.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

The problem started out with a dry cough. The next day, I had achy bones and headache. It seemed like it was going away and came back the day after when I woke up feeling like throwing up. My eyes, chest and upper back aches with a feeling of nausea. Please help me. I am scared.

#

I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns.

The symptoms you have described suggest that you have a viral fever along with inflammation of throat (pharyngitis). There is no need to worry as it can be cured completely with treatment.

Please consult a physician, discuss with him or her and get the following things done with consent.

1. A short course of antibiotics for five to seven days, preferably Amoxicillin.
  2. You can take Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for fever and pain.
  3. Antihistamines like Levocetirizine can be used for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist despite, then blood investigations and throat swab may be needed.

Do warm saline gargling or gargling with a numbing mouthwash. Use expectorant cough syrups. Drink plenty of water and have a healthy diet.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|