Q. Is it advisable to use Silver nitrate to cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?

#

The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mouth gargles. If possible, provide me a picture of your throat by taking a picture in the mirror (if possible).

|