Q. Is it advisable to use Silver nitrate to cure granulation with pharyngitis?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
Published on Mar 10, 2019

My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mouth gargles. If possible, provide me a picture of your throat by taking a picture in the mirror (if possible).

I am having bleeding and pus discharge from toenail. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have toenail problem. I had bleeding and pus formation. I consulted a doctor and she had prescribed the following treatment. Tablet Novamox CV 625 three times a day for five days. Apply T-bact ointment twice a day. After taking the above treatment, the pus formation stopped. But there ...  Read Full »

Swollen tonsils are making me gag. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I possibly had mono five months ago. I did not get it confirmed with a test though. I felt better in two months. However, I was stressed a few weeks ago as I got a lump going from my uvula to my tonsil on one side of my mouth. I initially thought it was an allergy and left it...  Read Full »