Q. Loss of vision due to left brain damage in a child. What can be done?

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Published on Oct 03, 2018

I want to ask for my baby. She is 1 year old. Four months back, we met (me with my family) with a road accident. My baby's left brain got damaged and a little blood clot is there. The doctor has done one surgery. After the surgery, she lost her vision. Now she cannot see. The doctors said maybe she will get vision within one or two years. But not sure. What can we do? Any specialty hospital or medicine available?

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Your baby is suffering from damage to optic nerve resulting from trauma to head. The remaining potential in the optic nerve can be determined by a test called VER, visual evoked response, in which light stimulus is provided and corresponding electrical response in the brain is measured. You can get back to us with the test results for further discussion.

| 

What type of medicines can cure tension-like headaches?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female in good health. I used to get frequent tension-like headaches and migraines with aura when I was a teenager that went away over time. I recently started getting them again. The aura lasts 20 to 30 minutes with blurry vision, patchy spots in my vision, loss of...  Read Full »

Can a baby get brain damage if face got covered with swaddle?

Query: Hello doctor,When my son was about three weeks old, I woke up to see that his swaddle had come undone and was resting over his face. When I picked him up he was beat red in the face and sleeping. It took him a little to wake up but was fine when he did. I did not check for breathing at that exact mo...  Read Full »

Why am I noticing peripheral flashes with eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three weeks, I have had my normal right eye floaters seem strange. I noticed peripheral flashes when blinking and walking and quick black narrow lines. I saw an ophthalmologist. He found the retina to be fine. I now have some flashes around peripheral in the right eye and...  Read Full »