Vision Loss

Can TIA happen at young age?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. About four months ago, something that I suspect to be a ministroke happened to me. All of a sudden, I started losing vision on my left side in both eyes, but it came back within minutes. About half an hour after that, I noticed that my left hand went complet...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question carefully and explain that your symptoms are very suggestive of TIA (transient ischemic attacks), although this is an exceptional diagnosis at your age. We should also consider migraine aura, focal epilepsy, and panic attacks when discussing the p...  Read Full »

Can lost eyesight due to AMD be regained?

Query: This is relating to my uncle. He is 94 years old. Complaint: Last week, he lost his sight and is therefore unable to read. He has had diminishing eye sight prior to this for which he visited the eye clinic, regularly, up until the coronavirus situation. He believes he has developed scarring to his r...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's predicament. It's unusual that he would lose sight suddenly in both eyes simultaneously, unless one eye was already bad and the better eye has deteriorated suddenly. AMD has two types namely wet type and dry type. As you haven't att...  Read Full »

What causes gray spots in vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gray areas in my vision. I searched for the symptoms and it is not eye floaters. It is more like parts of my vision are covered in gray. I took a CT scan but it did not show anything.  Read Full »

Dr. Julie Hwang

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that parts of your vision are covered in gray in each eye, and that if you are looking with both eyes, it is not a problem. I am wondering if it is in the same spot in each eye (for example, right in the middle of your vision in both eyes). If it were ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get the vision lost due to TB, back?

Query: Hi doctor,My sister is 33 years old. She has been suffering from vision loss for five years. At the time of treatment, it was diagnosed as TB. Since from then, she has been taking all the medicines for the disease till it cures completely. Now, she has undergone the MRI of the brain. I am attaching ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear this. Based on the MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that there has been damage to the optic nerves, which is responsible for eyesight, due to tuberculosis. Unfortunately, her vision loss is longstanding and in general th...  Read Full »

I have liquid in my retina with worsening vision. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am very concerned about an eye condition I have that is getting worse. I recently made an appointment with the hospital and they told me that I have liquid in my retina and that has lifted my retina. They sent me for a small laser test and I am waiting for my appointment. They told ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query it seems you are suffering from central serous retinopathy or CSR. But I cannot be sure because I have not seen you clinically nor I have seen your OCT Macula test result (if you have). However, it can also be liquid within retina or macular edema. B...  Read Full »

Why do I feel occasional vision loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes hurt for about a week now. I feel like resting for a long period of time. They are itchy and dry. There is a foreign object sensation. Sometimes, I feel like I am losing my vision or it is getting weaker. Sometimes I do the 20-20-20 rule. Lately, I have been spending a lot of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must get your BP, and blood sugar levels done. Monitor if normal or abnormal and consult a physician. Also, get 2D echo done as soon as possible and seek a cardiologist opinion. The condition that you lost vision suddenly for some time is known as amaurosis fugax...  Read Full »

Why do occasional vision loss occurs in uveitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a disease called uveitis and I visit a doctor every six to seven months for injecting Kenacort 40 mg on each eye when needed or when the inflammation starts again. I want to know that when this procedure is gonna end? Or will I have to go for injections for my enti...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are suffering from uveitis and are on antiglaucoma drops and previously were on immune suppressive tablets. I feel that you may be suffering from an underlying disease that is hampering your immune system, we call these as autoimmune disorders. ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sudden loss of vision in a single eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My Mother is 60 years old. One month before she was not able to see anything in the evening from right eye so she washed it with water and pour some eye drop into the right eye. She felt burning sensation too. Next morning she was not able to see anything clearly the vision is blurred...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This sudden painless loss of vision prompts the possibility of central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). The thing that has happened here is a vein carrying blood to the retina is blocked and it got burst releasing blood inside as well as outside retina which leads to b...  Read Full »

Please interpret my MRA findings.

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a detailed read and interpretation of the MRA. Please be as detailed as possible with any abnormal findings you may see. My symptoms are progressive vision loss in the right eye, temporal headaches, and tenderness on the right side, headache on back of the head (righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). MR arteriogram shows The intracranial parts of both internal carotid arteries appear normal in caliber. There is hypolplasia of the A1 segment of the right anterior cerebral artery. The...  Read Full »

My friend has lost his vision in an accident with a blood clot in it. What is the way to get back the vision?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend got an accident a while ago and lost a vision in the left eye. He has three issues in his left eye. 1. There is a haem clot in the aqueous chamber of the eye. 2. There is a membrane formation occurring there, 3. There, is the permanent lens has got displaced from its exac...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A blood clot in aqueous will be absorbed spontaneously however if it is more it has to be surgically removed. Even membrane formation is removed surgically. Due to the displaced lens, the vision is poor. It is corrected by placing an IOL intraocular lens. There is a ...  Read Full »