Vision Loss

What could be the reason for sudden loss of vision in a single eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My Mother is 60 years old. One month before she was not able to see anything in the evening from right eye so she washed it with water and pour some eye drop into the right eye. She felt burning sensation too. Next morning she was not able to see anything clearly the vision is blurred...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This sudden painless loss of vision prompts the possibility of central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). The thing that has happened here is a vein carrying blood to the retina is blocked and it got burst releasing blood inside as well as outside retina which leads to b...  Read Full »

Please interpret my MRA findings.

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a detailed read and interpretation of the MRA. Please be as detailed as possible with any abnormal findings you may see. My symptoms are progressive vision loss in the right eye, temporal headaches, and tenderness on the right side, headache on back of the head (righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). MR arteriogram shows The intracranial parts of both internal carotid arteries appear normal in caliber. There is hypolplasia of the A1 segment of the right anterior cerebral artery. The...  Read Full »

My friend has lost his vision in an accident with a blood clot in it. What is the way to get back the vision?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend got an accident a while ago and lost a vision in the left eye. He has three issues in his left eye. 1. There is a haem clot in the aqueous chamber of the eye. 2. There is a membrane formation occurring there, 3. There, is the permanent lens has got displaced from its exac...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A blood clot in aqueous will be absorbed spontaneously however if it is more it has to be surgically removed. Even membrane formation is removed surgically. Due to the displaced lens, the vision is poor. It is corrected by placing an IOL intraocular lens. There is a ...  Read Full »

I have lost my eyesight but can see light and shape of human body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot see with both of my eyes but I can recognize the light and can see a dark shape of the human body if anyone stands in front of me. My eye sight was lost on drinking a glass of whiskey where I doubt that one of my evil-minded friends added something in that glass because after...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition that you are describing is referred to in medical terminology as methyl alcohol or toxic amblyopia. This presents exactly as you mentioned, with patient losing vision after alcohol intake. The course is variable and patients can have a total loss of visio...  Read Full »

Please suggest remedy for loss of vision due to left brain damage in a child.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask for my baby. She is 1 year old. Four months back, we met (me with my family) with a road accident. My baby's left brain got damaged and a little blood clot is there. The doctor has done one surgery. After the surgery, she lost her vision. Now she cannot see. The doctors s...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby is suffering from damage to optic nerve resulting from trauma to head. The remaining potential in the optic nerve can be determined by a test called VER, visual evoked response, in which light stimulus is provided and corresponding electrical response in the b...  Read Full »

Can you tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has congenital onset?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you please tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has a congenital onset or develops after birth? I am desperately seeking answers as my daughter who is 5 years old has been diagnosed for the first time with a congenital polar cataract. The doctor who originally diagnosed h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you had an HSV (herpes simplex virus) infection, there are increased chances that this polar cataract is congenital (since birth). Now, during initial years, if there is a hindrance in vision, then due to cataract deprivation, amblyopia sets in. Your ophthalmo...  Read Full »

What can be done for loss of vision in the right eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye had lost its vision capacity and now left is losing. I have consulted a doctor and he advised me that I have almost lost my right eye and now I have to take three injections for three months, each injection in each month. Please advise me what can be done further.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, according to reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your right eye is suffering from a macular scar which according to current treatment modalities is now mostly untreatable. For left, which is also suffering from similar disease but the differen...  Read Full »

Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?

Query: Hello doctor,Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, for your knowledge color blindness and color deficiency are two different things. You gain color vision due to cone cells in your retina. True color blinds see only black and white. They have no cones or have only blue cones. This is rare and they do not hav...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sudden loss of eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 58 years old, one day suddenly in sunlight he lost one eyesight. When we went to the doctor he said that due to some reason, some blood came behind his eye. That is why he is not able to see from that eye. Now, one and a half years have passed, and we continue using the e...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied the old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). His condition is described as old CRVO (central retinal vein occlusion). There is bleeding inside the retina which has almost resolved. He has also recovered around 30 to 40 % of his vi...  Read Full »

My left eye was damaged in an accident 17 years ago. Can anything be done now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My left eye was damaged in an accident when I was 7 years old. Can any procedure possibly be done now? I did not go for any check-up previously.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a phthisical eye. For cosmetic reasons, you can go for an¬†artificial prosthetic eye. If the vision is lost, nothing can be done now. Send high-quality pictures of your eyes for bet...  Read Full »