Warning Signs In Children

Why is my 1-month-old baby suffering from severe gas?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1 month old. I am having a really tough time both physically and mentally. I hope you can help me out. At around 3 weeks, my baby started having gas trouble. I gave gripe water as per guidance from my parents. When I searched on the internet, I found that it is bad for bab...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be going through a lot of stress with your child. Please calm down. All these phenomena are completely normal till the age of 6 months in every child. I believe this must be your first child and that is why all the confusion. Normal things that every first...  Read Full »

My 2 months old baby is extremely agitated and not sleeping. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months old. He is a normal healthy baby. I did not have any trouble with him so far. Sometimes, he will grunt and raise his knees to his chest when he has gas but has always been able to get a normal amount of sleep.Today, though he has been very agitated and alert, the who...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your explanation, a few things are evident. This is probably your first child. We are talking about a normal well-growing child with a weight of 6 kg at the age of 2 months, which is very good. The behaviour that you are explaining is known as startling reflex. It is...  Read Full »

My 2.6 months old baby is having loose motions. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 2.6 months old. He is suffering from loose motions for the past three days. The stools are watery. He is currently on Enzylac syrup, Dexolac dry milk, Racigyl-O syrup and Bacillus clausii spores suspension -Tufpro. Please help us.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably, I think there has been a change in the milk for this baby, and that may be causing these problems. These problems usually last up to three to four days after changing milk and then subside. It is normal. Also, please note that small children till the age of six ...  Read Full »

How to treat loose motions in a 12 days old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My 12 days old baby boy has more frequent loose motions of up to 15 to 20 times a day. I am afraid of this. What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. At 12 days of age, there can be increased frequency of stools, but the stool amount should be very less and not watery. The stools can be green or yellow in color, which is normal at this age. However, if there are decreased feeding, fever, ...  Read Full »

Our 2 months old baby poops all the time. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, my wife delivered a baby boy. 10 days before, we brought the baby home from my wife's place. Since then, he poops all the time and it is mostly mucus-like with a little odor and watery. I guess there is some fungal infection around the baby's anus. We went to the doctor a...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be very worried and I think this is your first child, which is why all the worry is taking place. Here are certain things you should know about children under the age of 6 months. Slight coughing, sneezing, gurr gurr noises from the chest that does not impair...  Read Full »

Why does my son refuse to have a sibling?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is five weeks pregnant and it is the second time. Our first kid is now 6-1/2 years old. He is totally refusing to have a sibling. He makes statements like "I do not want a brother or a sister. We are a good family like this." He says it is not a good idea to have a baby. He d...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing your child is normal insecurity of the first born child. Whenever there is a second baby expected due to the constant attention which the coming baby gets, the first child gets insecure and feels unsafe as young children have a different mind...  Read Full »

My baby is having diarrhea and bad burps. Do you have any idea of what could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, My 16 weeks old baby was sick around six days ago. Ever since he has had watery diarrhea after feeds around six times a day. Today on day 6, he is having awful rotten egg burps and still has the loose stools. Do you any idea of what it could be? He was also diagnosed with silent reflux at...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe this is your first child and that is why all the fuss. All the above complaints that you said are normal until the age of up to 6 months. Till the age of 6 months, the child may pass stools 10 to 15 times a day or once in two to three days. Also, the child may p...  Read Full »

Is it dangerous for a 2 year old to get a running nose?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old daughter has got running nose. But, there is no fever or chest block. This is the second time in this month. She sleeps with little noise from the nose. Is it dangerous for 2 years 3 months old to get a running nose? Can blocked nose cause the child to choke at night?...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few points to be noted here. When the nose is blocked, air entry is achieved through the mouth which stays open. So, there is no choking with blocked nose. However, this may disturb the sleep of the child. Recurrent episodes of a cough and cold without fever,...  Read Full »