Wrist Brace

Please suggest a treatment plan based on my MRI report.

Query: Hi doctor, My MRI report is as follows. Diffuse marrow edema involving scaphoid bone with a thin layer of fluid within adjacent dorsal intercarpal joint space. No obvious cortical break seen at present. Articular surfaces around wrist shows intact cortices with normal marrow intensity. Please explai...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suppose that this marrow edema is due to an injury. Since there is no fracture, there is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is to wear a wrist brace along with a thumb spica for support for six weeks. You need to wear the wrist brace all day and night and can b...  Read Full »

Based on the X-ray, how severe is my wife's wrist injury?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 42 years old. She is feeling pain in the right wrist while moving the palm laterally outward. The movement gets somewhat obstructed slightly and it is not smooth. This has been started after an occasion when she tried to pull or carry one heavy bag a week ago. X-ray has been don...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your clinical history and x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is actually no obvious fracture, which is visible. Also, I need to see clinically the site of maximum pain, so it will be helpful for me to better understand...  Read Full »

How to treat wrist pain?

Query: I was driving bike suddenly the weight of the entire bike shifted to my right hand. It’s been more than a month. I usually don’t have pain when my wrist is normal , only when I move my wrist or hold something heavy I feel uneasy or like something is not right with the wrist . what can be...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq, sad to hear about your accident. obviously if fallen from bike and the pressure took by the hand while your hand touches the ground it causes jerk and can damage internal carpel bones. Your wrist bones connect your hand to your forearm. Wrist movements are controlled by th...  Read Full »

There is continuous wrist pain even after treatment and wrist brace. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past one year, I have been suffering a pain in the middle-upper wrist area where I could not support myself while getting up from the chair. I went to an orthopedist and was given some medication and wrist brace with metal support to stabilize the movement. The pain started de...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history in detail. It seems that you are having stage 2-3 avascular necrosis of lunate (Kienbock's disease). I do not feel that you should wait as the disease progresses irreversibly. So it will not come back to normal by any means....  Read Full »

Can ulnar nerve relocation surgery be the reason for my wrist pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain in my left wrist for a month now. I had x-rays and a CT scan showing normal, but the pain continues. A few years back, I had ulnar nerve relocation surgery from a fall on ice in the same arm. Could the nerve be the reason I am having this wrist issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your wrist region for a month now. Also, you have mentioned previous ulnar nerve transposition surgery. Since your pain is localized to your wrist region, it seems unlikely that your ulnar nerve is involved because neuropathic pain is usua...  Read Full »

What can cause arm pain particularly after sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male student. I have severe pain in my right arm for the past 12 hours. There is no other accompanying symptom. I had encountered the same problem a couple of times in the past. The pain starts suddenly preferably after sleep. What to do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be coming from the nerve being compressed or irritated in your neck, shoulder or arm pit. I would highly suggest changing the position in which you sleep. In order to help you better please tell me whether the pain starts from your shoulder or arm pit and m...  Read Full »