Q. How to heal a swollen and painful wrist slammed on a metal table?

Dr. Prathish Kumar

I am a female aged 23, 5'5 tall, weighing around 190 pounds. I am currently not on any medication.

A week ago, I slammed my dominant hand's wrist against a metal table and had immediate swelling and redness. I struggled to twist and rotate my wrist (I am in a profession that uses hands majorly). I wore a brace for the next few days and still continued working. I took braces off two days ago and took it easy at work with no pain. However, as I turned my wrist with a heavy item in hand, the pain started back up and did not go away.

Please help, doctor.

#

I have gone through your description of symptoms and understood your concern.

Since you had resumed your professional life and could move the wrist and hand, there is a remote chance of a significant fracture. The possibilities are ligament injury or a hairline fracture of the hand bone or the wrist bones. The treatment will be pain killers and mainly rest for all these conditions. We shall go for an X-ray of the hand and wrist and an orthopedician consultation if it persists.

I suggest you take (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take the medicines with their consent), tablet Naprosyn (Naproxen) 500 mg twice daily for five days, and tablet Myotop (Tolperisone) 150 mg twice daily for five days.

Continue using your braces. and take complete rest for the next two weeks.

Thanks and regards.

Thanks for your response.

I will try to take two weeks' rest and let you know the outcomes, doctor.

#

Take good rest, and we will see after two weeks.

|