Zoledronic Acid

Is Zoledronic acid better than Ibandronic acid for bone problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering with breast cancer as primary and now there is brain metastasis. The disease has spread to all the parts of the body including the bones. I have attached her PET scan for your reference. We are taking the treatment for the disease and her physical condition was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about the patient. As per the scan report you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), though the metastasis is widespread, she has relatively improved as far as bone are considered (sclerotic). In case of cancers, bone quality is l...  Read Full »

Can you please explain my ankle MRI report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I have ankle pain for the last nine months. But, I have no problem in walking. My ankle x-ray is fine. The MRI report summary is as follows: Subchondral cystic changes seen in the medial and lateral aspect of talar dome with adjacent marrow edema and overlying hyp...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have some bone edema and osteochondral fragment. If you just take normal painkillers, then it will take three to four months for your pain to reduce. So, you require a special injection called Zoledronic acid, which is usually used for osteoporosis. It has an addition...  Read Full »

How is arthritis treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am worried for my 63 years old elder sister who is almost bedridden now due to the following ailments. She has severe pain in the stomach (started two months ago), knee pain for four years and swollen legs for three years. Doctors are of the opinion that she is suffering from severe ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that she has rheumatoid arthritis (not just simple arthritis). It would be very helpful if you say which joints are involved. Is she stiff in the morning? How long it takes for the stiffness to go away? There are medications for this condition which are gentle ...  Read Full »

Had a prostate biopsy as the PSA level was high. What does the report say?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 59-year-old male with whose weight is 52.3 kg and height is 166 cm. His PSA was 247.5. He had a TRUS guided biopsy, and the report is as follows. 1. Moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma.2. Gleason grade 4+4.3. Perineural invasion present. What does the biopsy repor...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about the problem. The biopsy report says that prostate has a cancer disease. Since PSA is very high, it means that there is a chance that it has spread outside the prostate. The next step will be PSMA PET scan to find out the areas in the body affec...  Read Full »

Is Adfar injection a better treatment option for ankylosing spondylitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from ankylosing spondylitis, and he is under treatment since last year. His doctor has now suggested Adfrar 40 injections along with physiotherapy and belt. The doctor has also suggested halting swimming until further instructions. I am looking for a second opi...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and his disease does look quite severe. Developing a compression fracture is an indication that the disease activity is high. The reason for stopping exercises would be the fracture itse...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for slipped capital femoral epiphysis?

Query: Hello doctor, Avascular necrosis was caused by a slipped capital femoral epiphysis of the left hip in a 12-year-old girl. What is the treatment apart from hip replacement? I need help. My daughter is in the middle of a bridge.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. AVN (avascular necrosis) in pediatric patients requires injection Zoledronic acid (single dose per year for three years) in specific doses which is lower than adult doses depending upon the weight of the child. This treatment seems to work in my practice and avoids a h...  Read Full »