Abdomen Pain

Should I be concerned about pain and diarrhea post surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My 10 year old daughter had an appendectomy two days back. She was in horrible pain after that. They wished to send her home, but since the pain could not be controlled with Tylenol or Ibuprofen they decided to keep her in hospital. Then the next morning she had bad diarrhea. She went aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having severe pain and diarrhea post surgery is a point of concern. From your description, there are two possibilities. Firstly, it may be a complication from surgery which needs to be clinically examined by the operating surgeon, evaluated and managed accordingly. Secon...  Read Full »

My abdominal pain did not reduce even after taking antibiotics. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. Two weeks back, I had severe abdomen pain and got a sonography done. I have been diagnosed with amebic liver abscess. It was identified 13 days back and I was admitted in hospital for three days and was given saline and Metronidazole dosages, but still not re...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If no improvement is present even after antibiotics, I would recommend a CT scan to confirm whether it is an abscess or something else. If CT scan confirms that it is liver abscess, then would just put a sonographic guided needle in the abscess and drain out all the pus. ...  Read Full »

Please interpret my PET-CT scan report taken for intermittent abdominal pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had intermittent pain in my lower left abdomen for seven months now. I had a colonoscopy as soon as the pain started in the summer, but there were no abnormalities seen. There might have been something as the doctor muttered "there is this sort of a thing here" during the colon...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiologist, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I read your question, I just remembered how distressed my sister becomes when she gets similar pains, which enables me to realize your anxieties well. However, her pains have been determined to be of uterine origin. Please note that, as a radiologist, I always f...  Read Full »

What causes stomachache and diarrhea in a 9-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 year old. Four days before he had stomach pain and loose motion. He passed loose motion for about 2-3 times a day. We gave him Anafortan syrup for stomach pain. Next day he felt better. Today again he has light stomach pain and went potty but not too loose. I again I have gi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. There are a lot of reasons for the pain in abdomen. I feel sad to hear about your son. Reasons may be any of the following: Indigestion - Gastroenteritis due to...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in abdomen and increased stool frequency after hernia surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 54 years old. Two-year post-RNY (gastric bypass surgery) I have had two Petersen hernia repairs since the surgery. The gallbladder was removed years ago. Yet since this surgery I get these horrible gut-wrenching pains from sternum to abdomen. It seems like the bowels are twisting...  Read Full »

Dr. Vadivel Kumaran S

Medical Gastroenterologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. The symptoms correspond to cramping pain followed by the passage of stools ten times within four to six hours suggestive of intestinal colic, involving your large intestine. Even your colonoscopy revealed diverticulitis which is the ...  Read Full »

Does radiating pain from abdomen to left side of ribs suggest pancreatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old female. Last night out of nowhere I started having a pain suddenly under my ribs on the left side. About an hour later pain developed in my upper back on the left side. I did not fall or lift or hit anything that would cause this pain. Currently, there is no nausea ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your concern. The pain what you experience may not be due to pancreas as you feel as usually it will get referred to the right side. There is something like spasm between your intercoastal muscles that will lead to same symptoms and pain that you descr...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and have sharp pains in my lower abdomen and sometimes in my sides. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. I had my first ultrasound at 9 weeks. Everything went fine. The past few days I have been experiencing sharp pains in my lower abdomen and sometimes in my sides. This pain is just uncomfortable, I would not say it is severe. I have not had any bleedin...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Hope this is your first pregnancy. From your history, I feel this is just the pain due to streching of uterus. Uterus is just a 7 cm muscular organ, till you reach 40 weeks, baby weight is gradually increasing, thereby streching the uterine muscles wh...  Read Full »

Why do I feel like food gets stuck in my stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat, the food gets stuck while entering the stomach. I have to drink water to flush it down. Sometimes, I am not able to swallow the water also. I have to throw up to breathe. Why is it happening? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably it is achalasia cardia (failure of smooth muscle relaxation in esophagus). My advice is to get a barium meal x-ray of esophagus for a definitive diagnosis. Revert back with the x-ray to a medical gastroenterologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for cystic duct syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is suffering from abdominal pain due to gallbladder problem. She is suffering from stomach pain for the past one year. It has aggravated recently. She gets pain when she eats green leafy vegetables or fatty foods. She had an antibiotic for a month. Doctors have told that water...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report says that she has a component of decreased gallbladder motility associated with polycystic changes in ovaries (PCOD). Now, we need to get LFT (liver function tests) done. Did she had pain as well as fever or jaundice? At present, is she symptomatic? Or asymp...  Read Full »