Common "Abdomen Pain" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Abdomen Pain

Pain between the chest and pelvic regions is called abdomen or abdominal pain. The common causes of abdominal pain are constipation, diarrhea, stomach infection, acid reflux, stress, and vomiting. Appendicitis, gallbladder stone, and kidney stones result in severe abdominal pain.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I had a cyst in my left ovary earlier. Why am I having burning on urination and abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. My height is 5 feet 6 inches. I urinate way too frequently, and it is always a small amount. When I urinate, I get horrible cramps. I also have a slight burning in my vagina. It comes and goes, and it is excruciating. I once had a cyst in my left ovary when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rupali Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to An ovarian cyst will not cause such pain. From what you are saying, it looks like you have a urinary infection. Here are the things that I suggest to you. I suggest you tablet Niftran 100 mg (Nitrofurantoin) twice a day for five days. Have plenty of fluid around 0.5 t...  Read Full »

I am experiencing sharp and debilitating pain in my abdomen. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) when I was 18 years old, and I am now 29. Dealing with bowel issues has become a part of my daily life. However, approximately a year ago, while raking in the yard, I noticed a pulling sensation on my left side a day or so afterward. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, I have read your query and understand your concern. Thank you for choosing Based on your symptoms and the tests conducted, it appears that you have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This condition requires significant lifestyle changes to manage effectively. Most of the tests pe...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with a very tiny hiatal hernia, two months ago. Ever since I am facing abdominal pain, tremors, flutuation in blood pressure. How to calm myself?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I was diagnosed with a very tiny hiatal hernia. My chiropractor found my stomach pushed up very high, next to my esophagus. He was able to push it back down but with a lot of painful force and manipulation. Ever since I have been getting sicker and sicker with "episodes...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Some of the common causes of palpitation in young females are- 1. Strong emotional responses, such as stress or anxiety-Extracardiac stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system (inappropriate stimulation of the parasym...  Read Full »

I have dull pain near the right ribs meet my abdomen. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a dull pain in my right side, where my right ribs meet my abdomen. I have been having the pain for about three weeks now. When I went to urgent care, they checked my vitals, pushed on all areas of my abdomen, and concluded it was probably gastritis. However, that wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Get yourself physically examined and investigated to rule out the medical problems and treat them accordingly. Do diet modification and drink plenty of water. For details on a diet, kindly follow up. Walking, doing yoga, and exercising as health permits started gradu...  Read Full »

I am 8 weeks pregnant but no embryo was detected on ultrasound, and I have also been experiencing severe abdominal pain. Is it anything serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently found that I am eight weeks pregnant and underwent an initial ultrasound. However, the images did not display an embryo. This has raised concerns for me. I have also been experiencing severe abdominal pain on the right side, accompanied by intense vomiting and nausea. Addit...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I have reviewed the scan results (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), and it is positive that the embryonic sac is visible and appears to be fine. Typically, the fetus becomes more visible around the 12-week mark,...  Read Full »

I am 36 years old, and my GGT level is 147 IU/L . What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I never had an alcohol-drinking habit, but my GGT level is 147 IU/L. I have had burning pain on the left abdominal side for 15 years. I consulted specialist doctors, but they said it might be due to gastritis and had medications for the same. However, I am still h...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello,Welcome to Is your abdominal pain on the left side only?2. Are you overweight or obese?Obesity can cause an increase in isolated GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) levels. But we need to rule out other possible causes for elevated GGT levels. For example, it can rise in cholangiti...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain, and nausea, despite medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Four days ago, my girlfriend developed a sore throat, which progressed to a fever. Her symptoms worsened with vomiting and diarrhea. It has been three days since she developed these symptoms and now she vomits every time she eats something. Also, she has a headache and body pain. We we...  Read Full »

Dr. Ghulam Fareed

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the details you provided along with the attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It seems to be everything started with a fever and sore throat followed by abdominal symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting. That is goo...  Read Full »

I have lower abdomen pain after walking. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old 5 feet and in height and weight 24 stone. I have been getting lower right side abdomen pain for the past few months, and it usually starts after walking or standing for a long time. Today the pain has got worse, and I also have lower back pain. I suffered from Crohn's...  Read Full »

Dr. Abeer

Answer: Hello,Welcome to history suggests the relationship between Crohn's disease and lower right abdominal pain. Gut resection causes this kind of symptom as the overall function is compromised. A post-surgical follow-up visit to the surgeon would be helpful to see whether urinary bladder...  Read Full »

I had taken the Mifepristone and had abdominal pain. Can painkillers reduce the pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I had taken the abortion pill (Mifepristone), and I am having too much abdominal pain. Could you please help me? Can I take any pain killers to reduce these cramps?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and will surely help you. I hope you have taken the MTP (medical termination of pregnancy) pill after the doctor's consultation. Sometimes, it may have serious side effects like severe bleeding, severe cramps, incomplete abortion, or rupture...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain with green stools. Can I have it due to ketosis?

Query: Male, 21, 5'7, 130lbs Hello, I went to the urgent care yesterday because I've been feeling morning sickness for a while and what I figured out there is the doctor said from viewing my urine that my body is in ketosis and I'm severely dehydrated. He had me fast the rest of the day and this morning I...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis

Answer: Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry to learn about what you have to go through. I will try my very best to help you. Based on your height and weight you are by no means underweight, your BMI is completely normal. Of course it can be that you suffer from malnutrition due to some ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.