Q. Can a respiratory infection cause pain below and above the shoulder blade?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
For over three weeks I have had sudden pain in my upper right back just below my shoulder blade and I am really worried. It is like a dull constant pain that comes after eating a while then dissappears afterwards. I thought it was my bad posture but the pain seems specific in that area almost like it is behind my liver. What might it be and how may I stop it?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

Hi there Welcome to icliniq Thank you writing and i understand your concern. muscular pain can be due to posture but as you mentioned its not going away then it can be due to respiratory tract infection . Maam i would suggest you take an chest x ray it will help to rule out if its due to infection or muscular pain and then get treatment accordingly . you can send me x ray reports i will check and prescribe you medicine. please take tab diclofenac 50 mg twice a day after meal for 3 days mostly pain will subside if its due to muscle. please tell me do you cough or difficulty in breathing ? did you recently had fever ? is there any sore throat or bad smell from breath ? please answer thank you

| 
Yes I have had cough, sore throat, bad breath and difficulty in breathing but the sore throat and cough have reduced but I still cough a little.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

# Hi terry
Welcome back to icliniq
Okay ma’am it will be better if you do x ray please do chest x ray posterior anterior view.
And send me I will check and let you.
What kind of cough do you have ? Is it dry or productive?
Are you taking any medicine for it ?
Usually antibiotics are required in such care.
Please tell me is it dry cough or productive with mucous?

| 
Thank you for your reply. I cant get an xray done soon but I think I have improved so far. I have had a history of asthma in the past so this situation isnt new to me just the pain below and above my shoulder blade sometimes. I had sore throat which I treated with strepsils and it is gone now. When I had difficulty in breathing I used two puffs of my ventolin inhaler which worked and I havent had difficulty since. I am taking a cough syrup (menthodex) for my cough which is with mucous but it isnt gone yet. I still wheeze a little from time to time. What do I do about the respiratory infection and pain below my shoulder blades. I am a little scared.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

hi welcome back maam then please add tab azithromycin 500 mg once a day after meal for 3 days. it will help against infection. maam as you know cause for asthma is allergic substances such as dust pollen and stress so avoid those. let me know if you any stress ? please take medicine and after 3 days will see your condition. if anything else please let me know. thank you

|