Q. Is any treatment available to treat aberrant right subclavian artery?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

My wife is 22 weeks pregnant. Anomaly scan results show an aberrant right subclavian artery found in my baby's heart. Karyotyping results seem normal. No genetic issues are seen. However, I am worried about my baby's health. Does any treatment available for aberrant right subclavian artery (ARSA)?

Thank you, doctor.

#

I can understand your concern.

Aberrant right subclavian artery (ARSA) is generally associated with down syndrome and other aneuploidies. If Karyotyping results are normal, then nothing is to be done at present.

You can consult a pediatric cardiologist to get further insight into it. ARSA can remain asymptomatic in some, but if it becomes symptomatic, it will need surgery later.

I will advise you to consult a fetal medicine specialist and pediatric cardiologist for better understanding and also to be prepared for any unforeseen eventuality.

Take Care.

|