Q. How to enhance the absorption of Accutane?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

It is said that "oral absorption of isotretinoin is enhanced when given with a high-fat meal." My meal, while on Accutane just has normal fat. Does it affect the absorption?

#

Yes, absorption of Accutane (Isotretinoin) is enhanced with a high-fat meal, but it does not keep increasing with an increase in the fat intake. So, if your diet contains a moderate amount of fat, it is enough for the absorption of Accutane.

|