Q. Can the lower abdominal pain in me be related to tonsillitis, and what is the treatment?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I have had redness and burning sensation in the throat and lower abdomen since afternoon. Can I take a capsule of Phexin 500 mg?

#

Your burning sensation in the abdomen and throat is due to acidity or infection. Follow the below steps for severe conditions:

1. I suggest Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once before breakfast for three days.

2. Avoid cold drinks and drink lukewarm water.

Do you have severe pain in the throat? Are you able to eat without difficulty? First, please send me the pictures of your throat. Then, I will check and let you know about antibiotics.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I have attached the pictures.

#

From the images attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), you have tonsilitis due to infection. Follow the below steps:

1. I suggest tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before breakfast for five days.

2. I suggest tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) 625 mg thrice daily for five days after meal.

3. Review after five days.

|