Q. I have undergone acid reflux surgery for burping but still suffering from same problem. Is this Meganblase syndrome?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am suffering from lots of burping and trapped gas and acidity from four years recently. The doctor has done acid reflux surgery and paraumbilical hernia surgery, but still, sometimes I suffer burping and shortness of breath, I fell my gas trapped, when I pass gas I fell good sometimes so much excessive burping.

I think it is a meganblase syndrome, I read your article on meganblase syndrome and I felt precisely the same symptoms like meganblase syndrome-like bubble in stomach and so much burping and shortness of breath that time, please guide me and give me treatment because after acid reflux surgery also I have the same problem other problems like acid reflux now stop but excessive burping sometimes and gas trapped sometimes.

Do you have a question on Belching or Acid Reflux?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

MBBS., MD
General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

I can understand your concern. In my opinion, you should do the following things for better symptomatic relief.

1. Start esomeprazole and levosulperide combination instead of Pan D.

2. Do regular exercise.

3. Go for walking after meals.

4. Avoid large meals, instead, take frequent small meals.

5. Avoid oily and spicy food.

Please let me know,

1. Do you have a stressful life.

2. Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

Please reply to me answers of above-asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. I wish you good health.

Yes I have some anxiety and stress and before acid reflux surgery I drink alcohol, doctor please guide me on this issue sometimes I think so much why this happen, meganblase syndrome or bowel obstruction or chronic disease or splenic fixture or constipation I do not understand after burping I feel normal.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

MBBS., MD

I can understand your concern. First of all, do not overthink about all these diseases and syndromes. The more you think, the more it will affect you. So be relax and calm. Follow these steps for better symptomatic relief in your symptoms.

1. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.

2. Start Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride combination on an empty stomach twice daily.

3. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

4. Go for walking after meals, especially after dinner.

5. Keep two to three pillows under head in bed.

6. Avoid large meals, instead, take frequent small meals.

7. Avoid junk food, spicy, and fatty food.

Please let me know if you are following all these or any of this. I will be happy to help you further. I wish you good health.

Also Read Answers From: Belching Acid Reflux

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full >>
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you match the presentations of globus pharyngeus or laryngopharyngeal reflux. Laryngopharyngeal reflux, like the one that occurs at the stomach-esophageal junction, occurs in the region of the neck due to the presence of some acid producing ...  Read Full >>

Suffering from acid reflux and bloating for the third time in a year. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have had severe acid reflux and stomach bloating three times in the past 12 months. It started suddenly each time. There is no prior symptom. This is the third time and it has been going on for a month. During the first time, I treated myself with antacids (Calc...  Read Full >>
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described two different entities here. If you have indigestion due to any reason, then you may have bloating, burping, heaviness of abdomen and early satiety. This occurs due to less enzymes available from the stomach, gall bladder and, pancreas for digestion due t...  Read Full >>

Why am I belching all the time?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year old male. 6’0" 230 pounds. I have had chronic belching for about a month. This is from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Symptoms decrease when lying flat or sitting still. I belch every time I stand up or sit down. It is almost like a hiccup burp. No...  Read Full >>
Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail. I would like a few more details about your belching. Do you have reflux symptoms (sour after taste, recently consumed food coming back to the throat on belching, or heartburn) or any vomiting? How are you opening your bowels? H...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now