Q. Can Adapalene gel be used to reduce inflamed papules caused by acne?

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

I am a 22-year-old female. Two years ago, I started developing mild to moderate acne. My dermatologist suggested I use tablet Doxycycline, Adapalene gel 0.1 %, and Clindacin Phosphate solution for one month. After the second month, I started developing new inflamed papules. So, my doctor prescribed the tablet Doxycycline again with a dosage of 200 mg daily for the first two months and 100 mg for the next two weeks. I have also used capsule Isotretnin and tablet Gentamicin in the past. Unfortunately, there is minimal improvement by the end of three months, and I am still developing new inflamed papules. Should I use a higher concentration of Adapalene gel?

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern and would be happy to help.

I suggest you to use Deriva-Cms gel (Adapalene and Clindamycin), Dermadew Aloe lotion, and a photostable gold sunscreen.

I suggest Deriva-Cms gel be applied on the pimples at night, Dermadew aloe lotion be applied to the entire face at 8 AM and 8 PM, and a photostable gold sunscreen be applied to the entire face at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM.

You have to follow preventive measures like avoiding frequent face washing with soap and using a suitable facewash instead, avoid rubbing your face with a towel, use a soft sponge, do not scratch or break the pimples as it can lead to scar formation, drink more water, and eat more fruits.

|