iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI have been experiencing a high number of red spots on my face, which include pimples and dark spots. Kindly help

How to manage pimples, dark spots, and red spots on the face?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 19, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 23, 2024

Patient's Query

I have a history of dangerous skin inflammation (possibly referring to the face). I am currently experiencing a high number of red spots on my face, which includes pimples and dark spots resulting from pimples, chickenpox, and from an accident. I am currently using a clear neem face wash as my medication. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Thank you for your query.

Pimples are often related to hormonal changes and can be exacerbated by oily skin. To manage and prevent pimples, I suggest you consider the following recommendations:

1. Avoid using hair oil and any sticky creams on your face.

2. Limit the consumption of oily foods, chocolates, and milk products.

3. Minimize exposure to dust and use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.

4. Refrain from vigorously rubbing creams onto your face.

5. Avoid using any steroid creams on your skin.

6. Be patient and continue with the treatment for at least one month to noticeeffective results.

7. Note that face washes or soaps alone are not helpful in treating the condition and may not be significantly helpful.

8. Refrain from touching the acne and avoid picking or squeezing them.

For treatment, the following options are recommended:

1. Clindamycin (brands such as Clintop, Faceclin, Clear Gel) Gel: Apply all over the face in the morning. This medication is preventive and curative.

2. Adapalene gel (brands such as Adalene, Differin): Apply directly on the acne at night.

3. Tablet Doxy 100 mg (Doxycycline): Take one tablet once a day.

Regarding post-acne scars, there are three main types: box scars, icepick scars (pinpoint scars), and rolling scars. Treatment options include:

1. CO2 fractional laser combined with subcision: This technique involves multiple sessions (around five to six) and has shown effective results for all scar types.

2. Dermaroller combined with subcision: Although less effective than CO2 fractional laser, this approach can still be considered.

3. Fillers: These provide a temporary hiding effect by filling the pits. However, it is important to note that fillers are not permanent solutions.

4. Chemical peels: If the scars are not very prominent, chemical peels may be effective.

It is important to be aware that these procedures typically require multiple sessions (around four to six) and may take around five to six months to achieve optimal results.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

acnedark spots

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy