Dark Spots

The scars in my legs are dark and ugly. How to lighten them?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some scars on my legs from when I was a younger kid. So when I was younger I fell and bruised and got scars. Sometimes, I would scratch my scars and over time the scars become dark and they look ugly. And since then I do not wear shorts or clothes that show my legs. Is there ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, your scratching induced issues over the skin are not scars, rather they are marks that too over a background of another mild skin condition that you seem to have. Scars are aberrations in the skin texture, irrespective of the color change. What you ha...  Read Full »

I have dark patches after using Utramedanine. Will it go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I have vitiligo. I used for my patches Utramedanine solution with sun and I think I used to much because it burned. Now, I have dark patches like brown. Will it go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your description and analyzed the situation at hand. The medicine being used by you is photo-sensitizing agent which means that it needs to be applied and then the treated area has to be exposed to ultraviolet rays for a controlled duration, preferably ...  Read Full »

How can dark spot under eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dark spot (looks like a freckle) under my eye, and at times that eye looks like it has been bruised. Has been this way for about 3 to 6 years. I have tried skin whitening, and dark spot corrections, even skin tone creams, nothing is working. Anything you could suggest to h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am apprised of your concerns. I think that you are having a melanocytic nevus or mole under the eye. The redness that develops in the eye seems to be unrelated to the presence of mole. Moles can have varying depths which may involve only upper layers of skin or bot...  Read Full »

I have got dark pigmentation under eyes after using face cream. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I got dark pigmentation below my eyes which extends till the side face also, I got the marks after using the cream suggested by a skin doctor. The dark patches are in both sides of my eyes. I tried Vitamin C VC+15 Serum, it also did not work for me. Currently, I consulted another doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone combination is not meant for pigmentation and therefore should not be used for this condition. It is an antifungal preparation. I would suggest you to use a Kojic acid based cream like Kojic cream, twice daily. The cream you are using ...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

I have got round dark spots on the face. Please advice on how to remove it.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got round dark spots on face. It was light initially and became darker later on. Give me advice on how to remove it.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like seborrheic keratosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is it raised above the skin surface? Since how long do you have it?  Read Full »

I have dark spots on my face. Would Calamine lotion work?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you. For dark spots, you may use ...  Read Full »

I have spots after using Elvira for acne and I want to remove them. Please suggest some medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I used to be on Dianette for acne but had to come off it after two years as it is not recommended you stay in it for that long. It caused me to gain weight, as well. I was switched to Elvira (generic of Yasmin) a year ago. No weight gain but I have spots (around five every day) on my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, yes the acne in your case looks to have a hormonal component (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And you are taking medicine to address the hormonal factors. Kindly consult your doctor, to discuss the suggestions and consider ...  Read Full »

I have dry gray spots after sunbath, and I feel uncomfortable. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have dry gray spots. After sunbath I got this and is uncomfortable while reading.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. But the picture attached is quite blurry. Kindly send a clear and well-focused photograph to help you better.  Read Full »

Why do I have brown spots on fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full »