Dark Spots

I have dark spots on my face. Would Calamine lotion work?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you. For dark spots, you may use ...  Read Full »

What causes small dark marks randomly on one side of the face?

Query: What can be the reason why small dark marks randomly apear on just one side of my face?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello Greetings of the day As your query, Make sure you are not exposed to sun. Avoid sun exposure specially between 11 am to 3 pm. If at all, you must, then wear protective clothing, full served shirt, a scarf to cover your face except the eyes, a broad brim hat, sunshades, sunscreen br...  Read Full »

What causes dark spots on fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. For the past one year, I have noticed dark spots on the fingers and near knuckles on the left hand. They do not hurt, but look like a burn. I also noticed numbness in the tip of my left middle finger. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea. I am also suffering from h...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

What are the treatment options to remove acne and acne spots?

Query: I have heavy acne problem all of a sudden. I have been following a routine of face wash with cetaphil and then keep washing my face with water and apply sunscreen. Then in the evening I wash my face with water and apply aloe Vera and at night I wash my face and apply benzoyl peroxide spot treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with all your concerns. First of all acne in women can occur due to underlying hormonal imbalance. I always rule out hormonal imbalance in female patients with acne as most of the doctors just treat acne and do not address the underlying issue and that's why acne kee...  Read Full »

What should I do to get rid of my acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation?

Query: Hello doctor, I do have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on my facial skin. I have tried Kojiglo gel for a long time but still no effect. It has been on my face for three to four years. I normally take care of my skin and usually wear sunscreen.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a dark spot along with that you still have a few pimples. From the photo, it seems like you have developed topical steroid damaged face. Have you appl...  Read Full »

What could be a dry, scaly, and itchy black spot on abdomen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black spot on my abdomen since many years which has made that part of the skin dry, scaly, and itchy.   Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since it present for many years, the possible diagnosis is morphea, which an increased deposition of collagen skin protein in that localized area. Although ...  Read Full »

How does a melanoma look like?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture. I would like to know what is this spot?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like an insect bite reaction or bruise. How long have you been having it? Are there any other sites involved? Is there any pain or itch associated? Are you on any medication...  Read Full »

How to treat ingrown hair and dark spots below the belly button?

Query: Hi I have a problem with ingrown hair and dark spots below my belly button. I don't know how to treat them. My skin tone is brown. It's been going on for year now. I pluck the few hairs that grow and they grow back but they leave dark spots and pimples. Thank you very much in advance  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day and staying safe 1) I understand your concern, and from your history, please not that you are having a form of folliculitis, which is bacterial infection of the hair follicle, due to the ingrown hair. 2) Growth of ingrown hair can be aggr...  Read Full »

Can a dark spot in a thigh be melanoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I found a very small dark spot on my thigh today. To the best of my recollection, I have never seen it before. Now, of course, I am thinking the worse and believe I have melanoma. I am olive-skinned. I have never had an issue with moles or dark spots before. My mom had a pre-cance...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). No, it is not melanoma. It is a normal nevus (benign). For your confirmation, you can go for an excisional biopsy of the lesion. Histopathology reports will confirm that the lesion is benign...  Read Full »

How to treat the infected skin rashes in inner thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes on my inner thighs. They are itchy and have infected areas of dark color. There is no pus but just itchiness.  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems the rash and itching on the inner thighs could probably be due to a fungal infection of the skin. This is very common especially in tropical countries and more so in the hot humid summers. To accurately diagnose the same, further information like images of the ...  Read Full »