Dark Spots

Which topical cream suits best for dark spots and hyperpigmentation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my chin area, and it does not go away for more than a month. I have tried a lot but could not. It turns red too. Which product is suitable for dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and redness?  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use 1 percent Hydrocortisone cream (Elica cream) twice daily for five days in a minimal amount to reduce inflammation and redness. Apply Kojic cream at night for 20 days (on dark spots) after inflammation is reduced, and use Kojic soap for bath. Apply Photostable...  Read Full »

How to treat dark spots between the breasts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I have dark spots between my breasts. I am not sure at what age it started to appear but I know I have had it for a couple of years now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is postinflammatory hyperpigmentation marks due to atopy or eczematous dermatitis. Use Kojic soap for the bath for three months and Kojic cream at night for three months. Take tablet Limcee 500 mg once a day after breakfast for 30 days. Is there itching? Is ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a black spot on the vulva?

Query: Burning yellowish discharge with frequent urination at times. I noticed black spot in vulva cheek.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq Based on the history, symptoms you have provided, it looks like you are having vaginal infection. It's known as vaginal mixed infection ( mixed bacterial vaginosis- i.e a combination of bacterial and fungal vaginosis). There could be some components of STI as well if you are...  Read Full »

I have a brown or dark patch on my toe nail. What is that?

Query: Hello doctor, Brown patch or dark spot in the toenail. I noticed a brown patch or dark spot in my toenail. This is the only toe that is having this issue. I have not had any itching yet on this foot (maybe a little on the other foot, but no dark spots). I would like to know, a) The cause of this...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there?   Read Full »

I have dark spots on my face. Would Calamine lotion work?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you. For dark spots, you may use ...  Read Full »

What causes small dark marks randomly on one side of the face?

Query: What can be the reason why small dark marks randomly apear on just one side of my face?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello Greetings of the day As your query, Make sure you are not exposed to sun. Avoid sun exposure specially between 11 am to 3 pm. If at all, you must, then wear protective clothing, full served shirt, a scarf to cover your face except the eyes, a broad brim hat, sunshades, sunscreen br...  Read Full »

What causes dark spots on fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. For the past one year, I have noticed dark spots on the fingers and near knuckles on the left hand. They do not hurt, but look like a burn. I also noticed numbness in the tip of my left middle finger. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea. I am also suffering from h...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

What are the treatment options to remove acne and acne spots?

Query: I have heavy acne problem all of a sudden. I have been following a routine of face wash with cetaphil and then keep washing my face with water and apply sunscreen. Then in the evening I wash my face with water and apply aloe Vera and at night I wash my face and apply benzoyl peroxide spot treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Don't worry I'll help you with all your concerns. First of all acne in women can occur due to underlying hormonal imbalance. I always rule out hormonal imbalance in female patients with acne as most of the doctors just treat acne and do not address the underlying issue and that's why acne kee...  Read Full »

What should I do to get rid of my acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation?

Query: Hello doctor, I do have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on my facial skin. I have tried Kojiglo gel for a long time but still no effect. It has been on my face for three to four years. I normally take care of my skin and usually wear sunscreen.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a dark spot along with that you still have a few pimples. From the photo, it seems like you have developed topical steroid damaged face. Have you appl...  Read Full »

What could be a dry, scaly, and itchy black spot on abdomen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black spot on my abdomen since many years which has made that part of the skin dry, scaly, and itchy.   Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since it present for many years, the possible diagnosis is morphea, which an increased deposition of collagen skin protein in that localized area. Although ...  Read Full »