Adenoid Growth

Can mold cause ear infections?

Query: Hello doctor, Last year, I noticed that my 3 year old's tonsils were very large. I contacted his doctor. But, he could not find anything wrong. I later noticed him yelling or talking loudly and asking me to repeat a lot. So, I had a hearing test done and he failed. They explained that he had a flui...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid has a serous otitis media. The mild conductive hearing loss is due to this. In kids the most common cause is adenotonsillitis. My advice is to get a nasopharynx lateral view X-ray done for adenoids and send me the pictures. Give him an oral decongestant syrup ...  Read Full »

I had grommets as a baby, and my ENT believe that I still had one in my left ear. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had grommets as a baby, and my old ENT believed that I still had one in my left ear. I have had ringing in my ears, and it is getting to the point where I cannot hear myself think sometimes. Should I see someone new about it?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grommet or ventilation tube insertion is done when there is a fluid accumulation behind the eardrum. The reason you would have had this as a child is probably due to adenoid hypertrophy causing eustachian tube dysfunction. Grommets depending on the type usually fall ...  Read Full »

My daughter froths while sleeping. What is her problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My three and a half year old daughter froths while sleeping. What can be the problem? This has been going on for the past two months. Please see the one minute video I have attached.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the video (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your child sleeping with frothing at the mouth and making large noises and snoring), I think your child probably has a sleeping disorder. It is caused most commonly by enlarged adenoids. These ar...  Read Full »

My voice always sounds blocked. Should I get my adenoids removed?

Query: Hello doctor, Since a long time now, my voice sounds blocked all the time, even when I do not have the flu. Recently, I visited the doctor, and he told me that I need to take my adenoids out after three months. But, I was wondering whether there is a 100 % chance that my voice will sound perfectly n...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nasal voice can occur due to an adenoid enlargement. Adenoids are protective in kids, and they should regress in size by the age of 10 to 13. However, in your case, they are still big causing a blockage of the nose while you talk, breathe, etc. In addition to causing ...  Read Full »

Is eating jamun in any way related to breathing problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing breathing problem for the past one week. Whenever I am trying to take long breathe, I am not able to push air completely inside through nose or mouth. After consecutive try, full breathe happens. There is no sign of a cough or pneumonia. Also, I do not have a cold...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not related to eating jamun. It is also not due to stress. It could be due to lung pathology or sinus involvement. Secretions from sinus may be blocking airflow or it could be directly due to lung involvement. It can also happen if there is hyperplasia or growt...  Read Full »