Q. Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Answered by Dr. Alka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Allergic Rhinitis or Ayurveda Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my mother, brother and sister are suffering from it. Due to this reason, I regularly give her one Montek LC tablet (Montelukast and Levocetirizine). Now I consulted with an ayurvedic doctor and he advised me to give her turmeric formula (organic turmeric rhizome, turmeric extract, ginger rhizome) and immunity (organic katuki rhizome with root, Krishna tulsi leaf, Vana tulsi leaf). Can I give her these herbal and organic capsules? Are they safe and can be continued with Montek LC tablet?