Q. Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Dr. Alka

My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my mother, brother and sister are suffering from it. Due to this reason, I regularly give her one Montek LC tablet (Montelukast and Levocetirizine). Now I consulted with an ayurvedic doctor and he advised me to give her turmeric formula (organic turmeric rhizome, turmeric extract, ginger rhizome) and immunity (organic katuki rhizome with root, Krishna tulsi leaf, Vana tulsi leaf). Can I give her these herbal and organic capsules? Are they safe and can be continued with Montek LC tablet?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query and saw the prescription of allopathic as well as an Ayurvedic physician. First of all, let me answer your question. You can give these Ayurvedic treatments to your daughter along with her allopathic medicine. It does not have any side effect and will not cause any problem to your daughter. So you can continue this.

See, the tablet Montek LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) is an anti-allergic medicine and stop the histamines from releasing in the body. Histamines are responsible for allergy. So it is the main treatment for this problem. But one thing you can do along with this tablet that increases her body's natural defense mechanism is you can give her syrup Septilin (Tinospora, Shankha Bhasma, Maharasnadi Kwath) one teaspoon two times a day with lukewarm water during the change of season for one to two months. You can consult your Ayurvedic physician regarding this if you want to. Also, tell her to do simple breathing exercises daily. It will help her a lot. Take Desi ghee (clarified butter) made of cow's milk and put two drops of it in the lukewarm state in each nostril daily for one to two months. It will also help her in relieving symptoms. Try these things and you will feel positive results. You can consult your Ayurvedic physician regarding all these if you want to.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|