Q. What can be done for allergic rhinitis?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Published on Aug 18, 2019

I have allergic rhinitis. My eyes are itching, sneezing, I have runny nose, and hives. Kindly help.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. If possible kindly send photo of the wheals you are getting. Also, I would need to know how frequently you get them. Meanwhile, you can use the following medicine to help you with these symptoms. Levocetirizine 5mg, Montelukast 10 mg twice a day.

| 

I want to cure allergic rhinitis permanently.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thanks for sharing the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Keep using the medication prescribed above. It will control your urticaria and also help relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis. There is no permanent cure for allergic rhinitis as of now. You need to take treatment to help alleviate your symptoms but over the time it may subside in a few percentages of patients. Take the tablet regularly without gap for 30 days. For allergic rhinitis part, I recommend you consult an ENT specialist, though this medication will help.

| 

Paracetamol in Pregnancies

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.  Read Full »

I have rashes in my upper legs and butt after intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 yr old female of Indian descent. I have no history of any chronic disease, and I am currently taking no medication. Yesterday morning I woke up with rashes all over my upper legs and butt. The night before I had sex with my fiance and afterward I did not take a shower. The on...  Read Full »