Q. Appearance of rashes in my upper leg and butt after intercourse. Kindly help.

Dr. Raj Parekh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 12, 2019

I am a 24 yr old female of Indian descent. I have no history of any chronic disease, and I am currently taking no medication. Yesterday morning I woke up with rashes all over my upper legs and butt. The night before I had sex with my fiance and afterward I did not take a shower. The only explanation I could find is that I am allergic to the semen because of the area with red bumps that itch correspond to where the cum had made contact with, my lower buttocks and upper legs.

I do not see what else it could be. Some had fallen on the sheet which I slept on overnight, which could have made things worse. I changed the layer yesterday morning. I do not see what else it could be because I have been anywhere strange lately nor eaten any something different. Please advise me on what I should do.

Dr. Raj Parekh

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

So for the rash purpose, you could use some antiallergics like Levocetirizine or CPM, but you should think one thing that if you have been allergic to semen, then you are having sex since two years right. And allergies do not develop overnight. It has to have a history. Notice more around the surrounding, your food, your clothes, your washing powder, etc. for allergens. Also, send me a photograph of the rash so that I can differentiate it accurately with other conditions.

Tablet Levocetirizine 1-0-0
Tablet CPM (Chlorpheniramine) 0-0-1 for five days.

Follow with a photo as soon as possible so that we can rule out more allergens.

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »

I started bleeding from my vagina after rough sexual intercourse. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27. I currently started bleeding from my vagina and I had rough sexual intercourse four times in four days with my partner. I experienced hip pain yesterday but when I woke up, the pain was gone and 30 minutes before I started bleeding, I started to have pain in the same spot. I ge...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now