Q. I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Allergic Rhinitis or Anti-allergy Medications? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology, Pathology

You can have rhinitis as per history. I suggest you taking Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days which is decongestant. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. If fever is also there, then take Paracetamol 500 mg SOS. You can take steam inhalation of warm water three times a day. Avoid the intake of excess spicy foods. If no improvement, then CBC (complete blood count) can be done and you can consult a physician for examination.

How to cure the tiny red spots in the throat?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a throat infection for one or two times a year. As shown in the photo, I have tiny red painless spots in the upper part of the throat. When I get throat infection, mostly upper respiratory infection from nose to throat, these tiny spots become mild painful and sensitive to br...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I looked through the photographs you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I must appreciate the care and patience you have taken in capturing a clear photograph of the throat and labeling it for easy understanding. I would like to know a few more...  Read Full »

I experience severe breathlessness when I walk a bit. What could be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, It started with loose motions 15 days ago and slight fever for few minutes, followed by severe sweating. Loose motions were controlled with some medications. After five days, suddenly I had whole-body flushing where the whole body felt hot from inside. It started from the head, cheeks,...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All complaints except allergic rhinitis appear to be related to anxiety and depression. Just relax, you are normal as far as your body is concerned. You can continue your depression medications. I suggest taking Fluticasone nasal spray, one spray in each nostril 12 hou...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for oily scalp and hair?
How Is H.Pylori Infection Diagnosed and Treated?
Is it normal to have foamy urine?

Also Read Answers From