Anal Itching

I am having itching sensation near anus with pain during bowel movement. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am experiencing a slight itching sensation near the anus area and having slight pain during a bowel movement. The pain disappears after a bowel movement. A few years ago I got similar kind of thing and the doctor told I had fissure back then. Presently I am using ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is fissure, you can go for local application of cream Anovate gel (applied inside the anus at night before you sleep and morning 20 minutes after you pass stools). For pain, tablet Chymoral forte morning and night before food. Change in life, regular exercise for ...  Read Full »

What is the dosage for Nemocid?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is...  Read Full »

Can skin thinning result from Anovate cream?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 1 year ago, I was diagnosed with anal fissure. My doctor has prescribed me a topical steroid cream, Anovate and I used it for about eight months. My fissure was healed, but I was left with constant pain, itching and pricking sensation around the anus while walking. I was not able ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal fissure develops due to erosion of anal mucosa during hard straining particularly in constipated person. This is the main cause for it. So, prevention or treatment of constipation is very important. Once the anal mucosa get eroded due to straining, then the norm...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

Skin Around My Anus Have White Spots

Query: Hi doctor, For about a month or so, I have been dealing with what I thought was hemorrhoids. I have used preparation H suppositories and some cream and they seem to help some. The pain starts after or during a bowel movement and there is blood on the toilet paper almost every time I wipe. Today, I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like skin growth outside the anus and not hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do consult your nearby surgeon as early as possible and do whatever required. You may need a biopsy of the lesion for diagnosis. You may also need a colonosc...  Read Full »

Please suggest some cure for pruritis ani.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin condition. As per my research, it could be pruritus ani. But I am sure I would get a proper and accurate diagnosis from your end. I have a severe itchy bum and have been suffering from the same for almost eight years. I have never had the courage to consult a dermatologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First please get your stool tests done on three conse...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I had an anal fissure a few months back due to constipation and it got healed with medication. For a week, I have constipation due to the change in my diet and lack of water intake. Whenever I had a bowel movement, I would get some prickly sensation in the anal...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of constipation associated with pricking pain and itching in the anal area as well as blood in stools lead to a unified diagnosis of anal fissure. An anal fissure is a small tear or crack in the lining of the anus. It may occur when passing large or hard s...  Read Full »

How to cure pruritus ani?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a condition known as pruritus ani for almost a year. It gives me uncomfortable itching around the anal area. I have tried creams, seen a doctor and a colorectal specialist, taken Metamucil and sitz baths. I did pretty much everything, but the problem persist...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns regarding pruritus ani as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with a matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First, please get your stool...  Read Full »

Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable? I am now o...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these ulcers can be healed. But, it will take some time. Colonoscopy shows multiple ulcers in terminal ileum. The cause of these ulcers could be Crohn's disease, tubercular ulcers or chronic non-specific ulcers which heal by their own. But, your report does ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having irritation around the anal area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39-year-old male. I had irritation around the anal area before a week. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will be easy for me to help you if you upload a picture of it.  Read Full »