Anal Itching

I am having itching in and around my anus. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having itching in and around my anus from the past few weeks. It is way too itchy, especially at night. I am a 31-year-old female. I had vaginal infection last year.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are having a good day and staying safe. 1) I understand your concern. From your history, I understand you are having pruritis ani, itchy anus. Please do not panic, as when we find out the cause and treat specifically, it can back to normal. 2) Prurit...  Read Full »

How to treat anal itching due to intestinal worms?

Query: Sir, Iam severelly suffering from intestinal worms parasites.4 year ago I used to skip breakfasts in the morning in hostel, I have to reach colege early.. so I skip most of my breakfast. After those days till today I have severe intestinila worms.. anal itchness... rashes.. I am following good gygie...  Read Full »

Dr. Swati

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hi.. good evening.. do u have any worms coming from stools? or is it just anal itching.. if there is perianal excoriation and any white coloured worms seen? then first is u have to get a stool microscopy done it is not a dangerous thing , Don't worry.. u need to follow certain guidelines.. pl...  Read Full »

Please suggest any medicine for free motion and anal pain.

Query: Hello, From 4days, I'm not feeling easy to do free motion and having pain like itching. It's been very difficult why motion itching and too much pain. Can't able to touch the portion too. Can you please suggest me any medicine for free motion and pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Given only 4 days history of symptoms, it seems that you possibly have some hard stools which are unable to be expelled outside. Every time you give pressure or strain, it is expected that you would feel some pain. I suggest you to use Syp Lactulose 15 ml today nig...  Read Full »

How to treat piles and anal itching?

Query: for piles , am using himalaya tablets .daily 2 tablets...but cant able sit properly due to anal itching ......please give me a medicine  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I have reviewed your history. The medication you are on is bascically ayervedic, which sometime may help and sometime not. I would give you some treatment but I want that you should be examined in person by a local general surgeon , if any need of surgical removal of this. Because if pile re...  Read Full »

Does perianal wetness indicate incomplete healing of fistulotomy surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old female. I suffered from abscess when I was eight and a half months pregnant. After three months, it was diagnosed as fistula and gone under fistulotomy operation. Since the past few months, I feel some wetness in the perianal area. And today, I saw a blood spot on the...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), a few things come to mind. Wetness in the perianal area and itching are because of the small amount of seepage of stools around the anus. This stool causes irrita...  Read Full »

I am having itching sensation near anus with pain during bowel movement. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am experiencing a slight itching sensation near the anus area and having slight pain during a bowel movement. The pain disappears after a bowel movement. A few years ago I got similar kind of thing and the doctor told I had fissure back then. Presently I am using ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is fissure, you can go for local application of cream Anovate gel (applied inside the anus at night before you sleep and morning 20 minutes after you pass stools). For pain, tablet Chymoral forte morning and night before food. Change in life, regular exercise for ...  Read Full »

What is the dosage for Nemocid?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is...  Read Full »

Can skin thinning result from Anovate cream?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 1 year ago, I was diagnosed with anal fissure. My doctor has prescribed me a topical steroid cream, Anovate and I used it for about eight months. My fissure was healed, but I was left with constant pain, itching and pricking sensation around the anus while walking. I was not able ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal fissure develops due to erosion of anal mucosa during hard straining particularly in constipated person. This is the main cause for it. So, prevention or treatment of constipation is very important. Once the anal mucosa get eroded due to straining, then the norm...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

Skin Around My Anus Have White Spots

Query: Hi doctor, For about a month or so, I have been dealing with what I thought was hemorrhoids. I have used preparation H suppositories and some cream and they seem to help some. The pain starts after or during a bowel movement and there is blood on the toilet paper almost every time I wipe. Today, I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like skin growth outside the anus and not hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do consult your nearby surgeon as early as possible and do whatever required. You may need a biopsy of the lesion for diagnosis. You may also need a colonosc...  Read Full »