Q. Why does the skin around my anus have white spots?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Published on Jan 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

For about a month or so, I have been dealing with what I thought was hemorrhoids. I have used preparation H suppositories and some cream and they seem to help some. The pain starts after or during a bowel movement and there is blood on the toilet paper almost every time I wipe. Today, I decided to take a picture of it because it has not gotten any better and I am really scared it is something worse than hemorrhoids. Also, the irritated skin around my anus has some white spots.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• It looks like skin growth outside the anus and not hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Do consult your nearby surgeon as early as possible and do whatever required. You may need a biopsy of the lesion for diagnosis.
  • You may also need a colonoscopy, some blood tests, x-rays and even CT scan to some extent. Do not afraid much.
  • You have to consult immediately; that is true even if it turns to be normal.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led ...  Read Full »

Does biopsy on a pregnant woman result in any complication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and 20 weeks pregnant. I got an abnormal pap result with ASC-H. I had another pap two years ago and it was normal. My doctor wants to do a colposcopy and biopsy. However, I read that it does result in complication when biopsy is performed on a pregnant woman. Can I do bi...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have green stool a day after colonoscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I had a colonoscopy and today I had a bowel movement that was bright green. Should I contact the doctor who performed the procedure or is this normal? I am a 32-year-old female.  Read Full »