Anal Sex

Why does my butt hurt after anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

What could be the tear in anus after anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool. But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her. However, it is most im...  Read Full »

I have anal itching, pain and bleeding. I am embarrassed. Please help.

Query: Hi,I am approaching you since I am concerned about a situation regarding which I am very embarrassed.  I am a 43 year old female. I am normally healthy. I am 178cm tall and I weigh 75kg.  Around 9-12 months ago, I started to suffer from anal itching. It is rather intense at night, after passing s...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your entire history and have understood your concern. I also understand your hesitation in discussing your problems with anyone. Coming to your complaints, the anal bleeding, pain, itching are all due to trauma to the anus and anal canal. The anal canal is physio...  Read Full »

Will numbness in my penile tip due to anal sex heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, I had anal sex with my partner. As it was too tight, I think blood vessels or something broke and my penis tip is yellow on the sides instead of pink. And when I touch it feels numb or not as my real skin, like there is something between my skin and nerves. I have an appointment after on...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal sex, especially unprotected intercourse, is one of the causes of sexually transmitted infections. From the description you gave, I think no need to worry it will not remain like this. It should be resolved as you said it was too tight and I think it is due to frict...  Read Full »

How to prevent pregnancy other than using condoms and pills?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to get married in four months. We want to know whether there is any other way to avoid pregnancy other than using condoms or taking pills. I have seen somewhere on the internet that if we do intercourse for some particular period, then pregnancy can be avoided. Is it true? If ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right in saying that there are other methods of birth control and called calendar method. For a woman, who have 35 days cycle, between 15 to 27 day is unsafe. In case she has irregular periods, then it becomes very tricky. The calendar method is somewhat unsafe wh...  Read Full »

What are the chances of pregnancy through anal sex?

Query: Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and she took i pill the next day. Her last Period date way 20 days back, and she said her expected periods was a week later. But periods didn't come. She also said that she is feeling cramps on lower abdomen and on the back. We were worried, but she got her p...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hi I pill is High dose progesterone and can cause irregular cycles for a month or two. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Anal sex cannot lead to pregnancy. Pre-cum also has very little or no sperms at all and there is only a theoretical chance of pregnancy with pre-cum. Still for your...  Read Full »

Can sperm cause any infection during anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am totally new to sexual life and I read a lot about it but have some concerns. First of all my questions would be about gay sex (male with male). Secondly, in my questions I am assuming that no condoms or so protection used. 1. Assume that both parties do not have any disease and on...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Sajid

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. As per your scenario the answer is no. Semen in itself cannot harm rectal mucosa or oral mucosa or make a new disease. Only if your partner/s has a disease that is transmitted via body fluids, only then you can get it. Same scenario with two male...  Read Full »

How to have safe sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am currently in a relationship with a girl. I would like to have sexual affair with her but I am shy. I request some tips on how to have safe sex and how to approach the entire act. I have searched the internet but it is more confusing. Secondly, I want my partn...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your awareness regarding safe sex and seeking opinion for it. Use a condom. I know that it is the most repetitive advice but you got to stick with this one, no matter what your temptation is. Not just for preventing pregnancy, but for preventing STDs (sexu...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get proctitis anal herpes without engaging anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I acquired herpes simplex virus 2 infection two months ago from oral sex. Now, I have proctitis anal herpes. Is it possible to have it without engaging in anal sex?   Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Herpes infection normally involves either the mouth (manifesting as cold sores), or the genital region, and can include the scrotum, penis, and the anus. It is possible to have it without engaging in anal sex. It is a highly contagious disease, and in the active sta...  Read Full »

I have diarrhea after anal sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »