Anal Sex

Can sperm cause any infection during anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am totally new to sexual life and I read a lot about it but have some concerns. First of all my questions would be about gay sex (male with male). Secondly, in my questions I am assuming that no condoms or so protection used. 1. Assume that both parties do not have any disease and on...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Sajid

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. As per your scenario the answer is no. Semen in itself cannot harm rectal mucosa or oral mucosa or make a new disease. Only if your partner/s has a disease that is transmitted via body fluids, only then you can get it. Same scenario with two male...  Read Full »

How to have safe sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am currently in a relationship with a girl. I would like to have sexual affair with her but I am shy. I request some tips on how to have safe sex and how to approach the entire act. I have searched the internet but it is more confusing. Secondly, I want my partn...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your awareness regarding safe sex and seeking opinion for it. Use a condom. I know that it is the most repetitive advice but you got to stick with this one, no matter what your temptation is. Not just for preventing pregnancy, but for preventing STDs (sexu...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get proctitis anal herpes without engaging anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I acquired herpes simplex virus 2 infection two months ago from oral sex. Now, I have proctitis anal herpes. Is it possible to have it without engaging in anal sex?   Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Herpes infection normally involves either the mouth (manifesting as cold sores), or the genital region, and can include the scrotum, penis, and the anus. It is possible to have it without engaging in anal sex. It is a highly contagious disease, and in the active sta...  Read Full »

I have diarrhea after anal sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »

Are homosexuals more prone to get peritonitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a homosexual and this is my second time of having anal sex. It has been three weeks my partner had ejaculated inside of me, and then only I heard about peritonitis. I was wondering whether I was exposed to it or will it harm me? I heard that it may lead to death and if so, how lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, precautions first - While there is absolutely nothing wrong medically in your sexual orientation, irrespective of the legal status in your state, it is definitely not advisable to have unprotected intercourse with anyone. Even the use of condoms only ensures 9...  Read Full »

Why does my butt hurt after anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

I have tiny red bumps on the penis. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with my partner and I tried anal sex without any protection. Today, when I was bathing, I saw my penis got some tiny non-itchy red bumps on it. I would like to know what are they? Is it a disease and are they risky? I have attached pictures for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have any other symptoms like itching, pain, or watery discharge from the lesions?  After how many days of exposure did you notice these lesions?  At th...  Read Full »

Partner is negative for all STDs. Am I at risk of getting STD after anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Please help. I am a man and had an anal sex with a negative HIV, hepatitis A,B,C and non-reactive syphilis but the condom broke but thankfully the lab test result which was made in different lab a week before the intercourse and the day after the intercourse showed normal. What risks m...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. But the risk of acquiring a STD is not there if your partner does not have any one of the diseases you mentioned clinically or sub-clinically. There are STDs like herpes in which subclinical shedding can lead to herpes, but that is more commo...  Read Full »

Is Masturbation A Harmful Act?

Query: Hello doctor, I have several questions. Please clear my doubts and tell whether they are myth or fact. Is masturbation harmful? Is hair fall associated with masturbation in any way? How frequent can one have sex? I am having sex with my partner daily and even twice a day sometime. Is it harmful? Whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation is normal and not harmful. It does not cause physical problems or sexual problems. Masturbation does not cause hair fall. Both are due to the effect of testosterone. In boys of young age, the effect of testosterone is high, which is normal and cause desire to...  Read Full »

How to overcome the unwanted sex I had?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am straight but yesterday I had anal sex with my friend. I feel I took wrong decision. It is remembering me a lot. I want to forget that. My mind is not concentrating now. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it has been done against your wish, you can take legal help. Are you intoxicated that time, or under any threat? Is there any injury or pain? Have you used condom? If done with your consent, just driven by impulse, not need to get in guilt. Some time accident hap...  Read Full »