Q. Can exposure to pre-seminal fluid cause HIV?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

I want to know if the pre-seminal fluid can infect HIV. I had an exposure. My anus was in contact with his fluid. One guy put his penis in my anus four or five times, no penetration but that fluid was present. I took an RNA HIV test 16 days after that exposure. It was negative. After 48 days, I took a fourth generation HIV test antibody/antigen. It was negative too. Is that conclusive? Do I need more tests?

#

There are possibilities of transmission of HIV by pre-seminal fluid if the person is HIV positive. If negative, the chances are nil.

The two tests done are reliable and suggest you are free from HIV. But it would be better if you can go for HIV antibodies test after three months exposure to be totally free from anxiety. The chances of tests coming positive later are almost nil.

For more information consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

After that exposure, he took an OraQuick test. It was negative, but maybe he was in the window period? He told me he is negative, I am very anxious.

#

The chances are lesser than the normal intercourse but it is possible. Once he is negative, it is almost nil.

Moreover, your test results are also negative. You can relax.

|