Anti-inflammatory Ear Drops

Why is there pain in my ear even after using ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild ear infection. I went to see a doctor as the ear started draining clear fluid. The doctor said the draining was only on the outside of the ear. She prescribed Ciprodex ear drops. I am on the second day of taking them and I just woke up in the middle of the night with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not so, as you have an infection in the outer part of the ear. It is called as otitis externa. In this condition, there will be a severe aching pain in the outer ear. The cause of otitis externa may be due to a humid environment, any micro-injuries, or any ...  Read Full »

Tips to keep in mind before flying with your baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to fly my three months old infant on June 27th. What are the precautions to be taken while flying? Should I carry any medications with me?Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually infants are more vulnerable for flight related issues. They may appear anxious and irritable due to change in height. Main issues are nausea, vomiting and eustachian tube blockage. Precautions to be taken while flying: Ensure that your baby does not have URI ...  Read Full »

I have had tympanoplasty on both ears. Does either ear appear infected?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dizziness and fainting-like sensations along with intense itching in both the ears. I had my husband help me take photos with our otoscope I purchased online. The pictures with redness on them are my right ear, and the pictures without the redness and the yellow tube are my...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are likely to have an acute labyrinthitis with acute inflammation of your right ear. If you had such attacks previously, then an examination and investigations of your concerned ear is a must to finalize the diagnosis for a proper mana...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option for my son's ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has an ear infection since last year. The doctors said there is water in the middle ear, and because of that, he is not able to listen to low pitch voices, like if someone speaks slowly with him. I have reports and all medicines that he has used so far, and I am attaching it wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Please answer the following questions:Does the child have ear discharge?Is the infection in one or both ears?Is there any history of frequent nasal or throat infection?Follow-up with the required information, so that I can suggest you better.Revert with more information...  Read Full »

How to plan the treatment for ear pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female, suffering from ear pain. The doctor confirmed that it is due to some virus and there is a small hole in my ear. Some tablets and Otobiotic drops were given. Still, it did not cure my pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are probably suffering from CSOM (chronic suppurative otitis media) with otitis externa. My advice is to consult your ENT doctor for thorough examination of the ear and necessary investigations to know the real pathology for planing fina...  Read Full »