Antihelmintics

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The parasite inside the eye is usually, cysticercus or hydatid. It is not transmitted through natural sexual routes. It is usually ingested through food. Some parasites, for example, lice or mites infesting the eyelashes are transmitted through physical contact. But, the...  Read Full »

How to resolve anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 3 years old. He eats too much chocolates and sweets. His health is down and having anus itching. He has worms. What to do? I am very sad and upset about his health.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to worry much, as the perianal itch is due to pinworm most of the times. It can easily be treated with antihelmintics combined with hand and other hygiene. Kindly meet your doctor for dose of the drug and proper prescription. Eating lots of sweets ha...  Read Full »