Q. Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning.

Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com.

At this moment you can take another 0.5mg but do not repeat it after that. Tomorrow you can discuss your poor response to the 0.5mg lorazepam either with your physician or you can discuss with me online, if online therapy for a psychiatry consultation is fine with you.

In my view, 0.5mg is a correct dose initially to manage anxiety disorder.

Hope another 0.5 mg will help you at this moment.

|