Q. Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Published on May 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning.

Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com.

At this moment you can take another 0.5mg but do not repeat it after that. Tomorrow you can discuss your poor response to the 0.5mg lorazepam either with your physician or you can discuss with me online, if online therapy for a psychiatry consultation is fine with you.

In my view, 0.5mg is a correct dose initially to manage anxiety disorder.

Hope another 0.5 mg will help you at this moment.

I have anxiety and panic disorder. Can I drink occasionally?

Query: Hi doctor, I have anxiety and panic disorder for the past five years, for which I was taking antidepressants. I have stopped taking antidepressants for more than eight months as I started feeling well. I drink alcohol occasionally. Is there any chance of anxiety disorder relapsing? Can I drink occas...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you do not have any symptoms even after stopping the medicines eight months back. There is always a chance that panic disorder and anxiety relapse. So you have to be careful and watchful that if any previous symptoms reappear or any new symptoms arise, ...  Read Full

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

No matter the situation, why do not I ever get happy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I am having a long-standing history of severe depression episodes on and off for 20 years. Despite everything, I have a degree, full-time job and home of my own. I have done really well last few years too after CBT. I have stayed well and even been promoted at ...  Read Full >>

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. You should be able to distinguish between disappointment and depression. Disappointment also brings on symptoms identical to depression but they are short lived. You had multiple disappointing episodes and some of them were so deep. ...  Read Full