Q. I am experiencing heavy shoulders and getting anxious that it could be a heart attack. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Jan 06, 2019

I am experiencing heavy shoulders, and then my hands and legs are feeling heavy and tingly. I can feel it go up to my neck and face at times. But the main symptom is heavy shoulders. I do have low vitamin D and B. I forgot to take my supplements for almost a week. When I forget, my legs become tingly and achy. When it happens, I get anxious that it could be a heart attack and it gets worse. The more I think about it, the worse the symptoms. But the symptoms then subside. I am thinking that I am having an anxiety attack.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause weakness, body ache and tingling sensation. But you told that after not taking the supplements your symptoms get aggravated. In my opinion, it is psychological only, that is anxiety related.

To relieve this, you can do some relaxation exercises, walk, deep breathing exercises and meditation. Do not miss your supplements.

Take non vegeterian food rich in vitamin B12. Try natural ways of reducing anxiety. If not controlled with that, then only go for anti-anxiety drugs.

| 

How does diet help in mental health conditions?

Query: Hi doctor, How does diet help in mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety? I would like to discuss the success of incorporating diet in mental health treatment.  Read Full »

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »