Q. I have frequent anxiety attacks and I am worried whether I have tumor in my head. Kindly suggest.

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 06, 2022 and last reviewed on: Mar 15, 2022

I am very worried because I have generalized anxiety with panic. I also have major health anxiety, and I am scared that I might have some kind of tumor in my head. I have not felt like myself due to nausea and heartburn, and I have seen a gastroenterologist who said it was acid reflux or GERD. I have headaches that come and go mainly on my right side over my eyebrow, neck discomfort, and shaky often when I am nervous, and I feel like my neck tremors a bit, but I needed someone to speak to or calm me down. I am currently on tablet Buspar and tablet Pantoprazole. I have done blood work and an X-ray of the chest, and both were normal. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of any brain tumor. In fact, anxiety can mimic all these symptoms, leading to a higher sensitivity of the nervous system, causing headaches, muscle twitching, or tremor.

For this reason, I would suggest you take the tablet Duloxetine, which can help you improve anxiety and your other symptoms like headache and tremor.

You should discuss with your physician on the above treatment option.

I also suggest you take a CT (computed tomography) scan or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the brain to put your mind at peace.

Hope you will find this information helpful.

Please let us know in case of further queries.

|