Appetite Stimulator

Why has my 11 month old baby not put on weight from the last three months?

Query: Hi doctor, My 11 month old baby has not put on any weight. Her weight is 6.5 kg now. She has been in the same weight with no increase from the past 3 months. She does not eat any other solid or semi-solid food except breast milk. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Kishore

Paediatrician, Paediatric Surgeon, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of food eaten would vary from child to child. Decreased intake, fussy child, and worm infestation are commonest causes for decreased weight gain. I would suggest a deworming for your baby. A single dose of Syrup Albendazole 400 mg will suffice. Also, I wo...  Read Full »

How long will it take for my father to recover from TB?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 74 is suffering from TB and is under medication for the same since 15 days. There was a bronchoscopy done, which diagnosed the ailment. It has been two weeks since he has the medicines, but he is still feeling very weak. His appetite is very low. Also, he makes a sound whil...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It usually takes three to four weeks to see some improvement. As it has already been 15 days, there should have been some improvement by now. Appetite will be low because of tuberculosis and because of medications. But if he eats less, he shall become more weak that he wi...  Read Full »

How to improve my weight?

Query: Hi doctor,My problem is that I am losing my weight when I physically intimate with my boyfriend. Also, I got miscarriage once. My height is 5'2" and my weight is 45 kg. For the last three months, I had weight gain capsules. When I stop that medicine, I do not feel hungey. Currently, I am not on any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports appear to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Losing weight does not have anything to do with sex, although sex is considered to be a good exercise. There are a few things you can do to increase your weight. Take six meals a day. Three...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an appetite enhancer to gain weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 53 kg. I want to gain weight. I do not feel hungry. I want to increase my appetite so that I can eat more. I also do not eat junk foods. I have always been underweight. I used a syrup to increase appetite when I was 14. But, I did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There are food items which can act as appetizers instead of any syrup. But, if you find that syrup, then you can have it.Have tomato soups every day at 12 noon before lunch. Have carrot and cucumber salad in the evening or mid noon every day.Take a bowl of yogurt daily du...  Read Full »

What should we do to enhance my dad's appetite?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 76 years old. He had an accident and got a blood clot on his right auditory nerve. The doctor said that he will be fine in some three months. But, he has become worse. He lost his appetite and not eating anything. He vomits every day. He is unable to recognize anyone. He is n...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. The issues that you are describing are mainly because of lack of proper rehabilitation measures. Need to give music in his ear through headphones for at least 4 hours a day. It should not be very loud, just medium is fine. He has to be mobilize...  Read Full »

My daughter is very thin. Please suggest few weight gaining products?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 21 years old and is very thin. Her weight is only 33 kg and height is 5'4". Since her birth she is of low weight and does not have any medical problems. Kindly advice some treatment plan that would help her to increase her weight. How long will it take for her to gain we...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recombinant human growth hormone that is somatropin is used in most of the cases. But, that is a prescription medicine as this is used under clear indications after physical examination of growth hormone levels tested by a laboratory. Her family physician can help her ...  Read Full »