Armd

Kindly suggest whether I have AMRD or CSR on going through the reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. 15 days ago, my left eye vision started getting distorted. I have no pain, and I never had any eye problem nor did anyone in my family. I went to the doctor, and the doctor did not give me any diagnosis so far. After a few scans, first one was taken 10 days ago and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to comment without examining your retina or your scans. As you mentioned there was blood at the fovea, this is suggestive of wet ARMD (age-related macular degeneration) rather than CSR (central serous retinopathy). Moreover, injection is advised f...  Read Full »

How to manage hard macular drusen?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I was diagnosed with mild hard macular drusen. As of last week, my doctor suggested treatment has been AREDS 2 eye vitamins, healthy eating, and cardio exercise. I have started everything along with my regular vitamins. I do not smoke or drink, and I do not have a fam...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your explanation, I can tell you have a dry variant of ARMD (age-related macular degeneration). This is an age-related change, and your treatment is going fine. This is the treatment recommended for this disease. No other treatment has come till date for this...  Read Full »

What is macular degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 68 years old. I have just been diagnosed with macular degeneration. The doctor basically stated that there was nothing that could be done as this was just a part of aging. He did suggest to eat more green leafy vegetables. When I suggested Kale and dark leaf vegetable powder, he la...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you stated that you have been diagnosed with macular degeneration that is ARMD (age-related macular degeneration). Now, let us know what ARMD is. Macula is most sensitive part of retina (back portion of eye) and it must be healthy to have clear vision. But, due to many...  Read Full »